FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Cardiff to Swansea 20th May 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I was going to say our first essay in to international travel, but then I remembered Dieppe.

This is a ramble parallel to the coast that takes in Llantwit and the steel mills of Port Talbot. We'll start at the Millenium Hall and finish a little west of Swansea - at Mumbles to be precise.

About 60 miles or so

Claudine's in charge for this one, and I'm sure that she can say more about the route. There's been quite a bit of interest, but so far only a few registrations

Stuart A
Adrian C
John Gr
Claudine C
Steve R
Andrew T
Andrij B
Chris G
Susie F
Kerry R
Judith Cole
Frank P
Andrew B
Martin F

Wobblers

Euthermic
Do I get to be first to say "yes please!!"?

Andrij

Über Member
Any advice on trains back to London? Also, are there facilities for a rehydration session at the end of the ride? If so, I'll postpone my return to Ingerlend by a few hours.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Any advice on trains back to London? Also, are there facilities for a rehydration session at the end of the ride? If so, I'll postpone my return to Ingerlend by a few hours.

It's better if everyone doesn't try to pile onto the first couple of trains after breakfast, as the official capacity is 6 per train (although I will ask them about opening up a guard's van). Hang about and have a drink if you can. I'll post more train info in a minute...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I was going to say our first essay in to international travel, but then I remembered Dieppe.

This is a ramble parallel to the coast that takes in Llantwit and the steel mills of Port Talbot. We'll start at the Millenium Hall and finish a little west of Swansea - at Mumbles to be precise.

About 60 miles or so

Claudine's in charge for this one, and I'm sure that she can say more about the route. There's been quite a bit of interest, but so far only a few registrations

I've had a few people straining at the starting line - I've just let them know you've opened up the registration, so if you don't get a fair few more quite quickly I'll be disappointed...

mistral

Guru
Yes I’m in, I also have tickets booked some time ago.

I found this on the interweb ...

“It has breathtaking sea views, pretty fishermen’s cottages, a beautiful Norman castle, amazing restaurants and well known A-list celebrities. It is no wonder that Mumbles is being called the Monaco of Wales.”

I think we’re in for a treat

theclaud

Openly Marxist
This is what the Swansea-London prices (one-way) were looking like not long ago on East Coast (advance tickets, no railcard). Non-advance returns are £69! It's five flat miles from Mumbles to the station. Swansea to Paddington is around 3hrs.

07:58 £23.50
09:28 £23.50
10:28 £23.50
11:28 £23.50
12:28 £23.50
13:28 £16.00
14:28 £12.50
15:28 £12.50
16:28 £23.50
17:28 £23.50
18:28 £23.50
19:28 £34.50
20:00 £16.50 (not direct)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Yes I’m in, I also have tickets booked some time ago.

I found this on the interweb ...

“It has breathtaking sea views, pretty fishermen’s cottages, a beautiful Norman castle, amazing restaurants and well known A-list celebrities. It is no wonder that Mumbles is being called the Monaco of Wales.”

I think we’re in for a treat

Good Lord. It reminds me of this...

2nd Greatest.jpg

Top Bottom