FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Cardiff to Swansea 20th May 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jormes

Regular
That one is a peach!

As I was having breakfast on Sunday, looking out onto Langland Bay and watching the surfers riding the waves, the landlady said that she thought the sea looked a lot more interesting when it was really windy. Just as well, I thought...

'Atmospheric' is a popular phrase round these 'ere parts. We don't need sunshine and warmth and mild breezes - that's just boring. In fact, we feel it actively detracts from the enjoyment of the surroundings...:whistle:

Jormes

Regular
Ahem! Joy is another one who is prone to Gradient Overstatement, as it happens.

Blackpill hill!!! I stand by it! Rather that than cycle up it......

jonesy

Guru
Jonesy, throw out your overweight weapon of ass destruction, and buy a Charge Spoon. Sorted.

:biggrin:

No idea what a Charge Spoon is, but I'll look into it, and the other suggestions that have been made here. Thanks all! It was nice meeting you all last weekend, but 'Ivor' wasn't such good company! :ohmy:

Postscript:

Today, The Guardian has a list of 50 free things to do in England. Here if you're interested.

Item number 10 in the list is pertinent to Adam, Mick & Frank's spheres of interest...

10. The world's biggest (and free) seafront airshow takes place in Eastbourne, Sussex, from 11-14 August. There'll be displays by the Red Arrows, the Breitling WingWalkers, Royal Navy Black Cats helicopters and a flypast by the Belgian Air Force's F16s

:tongue:

mistral

Guru
Teef, your flighty 'friend' made a brief appearance on the one show yesterday – from 24min on

Not something I watch (honest) but I was home early and saw it as I was passing, it’s true!

Here

Mick - how observant of you - again! When you mentioned a 'brief' appearance, I had to peek around the edge of the monitor, to protect myself from potential embarassment, but all was well. ;) The unofficial fan club of seasoned (as in salt and pepper hair - if any) cyclists. We were there.

As for that lot in the studio afterwards... that 'funny aside' stuff, is that the BBC? Bloody hell. :sad:

Thank you, Mick.

Top Bottom