FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea 7th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clivedb

Guru
Is anyone going to be in the Euston area at around 22.33 and would like company on the ride to HPC ?
It would be great if you knew the way as well .........
Hi Andrew

My train from Milton Keynes is due in around 23.20 and I know the way - but it's very different from Ian's! I'll wait for you in the concourse - towards the r/h side (going out). What train will you be on?
Clive

The Final Countdown - 1
cap030.jpg

And, in an exclusive picture from Tim O's shed, we get to the pre-takeoff edition of Strictly Come Drinking. Actually, I took a photo aeons ago and thought it might be useful 'one day' so...
fvzcki.jpg

And we're off! Yesterday showed that it is sometimes possible to have fun, sorry - 'sun' - on one's birthday (I keep getting my ffs mixed up) and there was a commemorative album. Simon was actually the first 'folder' on the Friday Night Rides, courtesy of Andy Allsop, with many other excellent contributions to build a small token of our appreciation. Later that day, we could be found passing big tokens of our appreciation to the miserable sod in the Seagull Café, buying all his wine and beer stock - miserable sod. I once bought every beer he had - 56 quid round approx, and the very next time we turned up for breakfast, he was there effing and moaning, shoving bikes to one side. Ungrateful pig. I much prefer the 'waiter service as offered by Greg & Co - rides passim.
Ooops, sorry. Anyway, this is Part 2 of yesterday's post and possibly/probably Part 1 of today's. We made a postcard album...where the foray into commemorative ride ephemera all began really.
Contributions from several revered people - and me.

9pot9f.jpg

Marilyn and Clive
5cgakm.jpg

Jack (Radius)
2iw0yll.jpg

Andy (arallsop)
11gmw6g.jpg

Grace (ttcycle)
s29rsy.jpg

2pto5qx.jpg

Ian (babywipe.com)
29fw4kz.jpg

Sig (sigsilverprinter)
29cm7no.jpg

Susie (Babe)
2d7iqfp.jpg

Mick (mistral)
jze0ld.jpg

Mark (Longers)
66vpg7.jpg

Adam (The AAA Flying Dodo)
23mu8gm.jpg

Rich P
xqj5sk.jpg

Adrian
2z6tj46.jpg

Claudine (theclaud)
b4gcnc.jpg

Jane (saorise50)
2ds4fx5.jpg

10yqmtk.jpg

Tim H
2zf1j69.jpg

Ed (threebikesmcginty)

to be continued...

...continued

28cn4o2.jpg

rr1k7s.jpg

Paul (Bollo) (10/10)
4lkg2x.jpg

Andy (ara)
x5th6p.jpg

AndAndyagain as cover art.

But then. We got technical, when Els, our beehavioural expert, in her guise as Swarm Catcher presented 3-D imagery...and I hadn't even got a 3-D printer invented back back in the day! Not to worry, her card was spread out over many pages (of bread) I suspect
35d51e9.jpg

And, you think it's all over? Well, there is this postcard too...a bit Crinkly when I received it, but worth pressing into action...
5nt3xl.jpg

Crinkly Lion (Kat)

Doors to manual and cross-check. This ride is about to take off!

U

User10571

Blimey Arthur!
There's a few faces there I've not seen in a while. - I think my first one was in the September which followed that one.....
It was - I've just found a picture of me taking a selfie Not Wearing Lycra
Also..... flicking through your flickr.... I'm sure that's the heroic Pascal - 16th of May 2008 - Red hoodie, rolled up sleeves....

Last edited by a moderator:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Getting from ABO to Paddington: it looks as though I can take my bike on the circle line at Tower Hill, which would take me all the way to Paddington. Is that right?

It's possible that my decision-making abilities on Saturday will be slightly impaired...
Tower Hill is packed with poppy tourists, the platforms might be too full for bikes to even get into the station.

'tis really simple if you take the direct easy route.
Straight down Woburn Place & Kingsway to Aldwich, around Alwdich one was system, take the Strand west (A4 - past Charing Cross) and The Mall to Buck House, then Constitution Hill to HPC.
Cross the road, blast it through the underpass and hang a left just before the flyover...at Old Marylebone Road. turn left onto Edgware Road and inhale the delights of being a night Ryadher...then the darkness of the Park and the canoodles being consumed on the benches, before arriving at nightime nirvana...just as the timer extinguishes the floodlights at the Arch!*
*I can write this guff because Clive has got it covered already. :smile:

U

User10571

Tower Hill is packed with poppy tourists, the platforms might be too full for bikes to even get into the station.
15532701050_a9e33027d9_o.jpg ,
I was there on Wednesday. People were 3 or 4 deep against the railings
That zig-zagging line you see at the top of the photo. That's people 3/4/5 deep on the terraced path.

kimble

Veteran
Is anyone going to be in the Euston area at around 22.33 and would like company on the ride to HPC ?
It would be great if you knew the way as well .........

My train gets in at 22:43. It usually takes another ten minutes or so for the cleaners to get to the back of the train and let me out after the train manager forgets I'm there.

And yes, I know the way to HPC.

Top Bottom