Front end wobble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I raised up my saddle on my galaxy and i am happier with it like that, however since doing so I get a slight 'wobble' on the bars..it's not a big issue but it doesnt feel quite right. I hav enot adjusted the bars. I have the stem reversed and the bars are just slightly angled down from horizontal. Now I could just put the saddle back where it was but I want to keep it higher & as the wobble is on the front end only I reckon the cause /solution most likely lays with the bar height & angle (??) ...so what if I re-reversed the stem and put it back so it is horizontal, or am i barking up the wrong tree here?

I'm not sure how raising the saddle could cause a steering wobble, unless you have the saddle a bit too high and your hips are going up and down a bit. To check your saddle height, sit comfortably (and 'squarely') on the saddle, put your heel on the pedal (at its lowest point) with your leg in line with the seat post/tube, and your leg should be straight but relaxed. Hope this helps.

buddha

Veteran
I had this front wobble issue too when I raised my saddle to the optimum. I'd say (as you also suggest) it's probably due to the extra weight being put on the bars, as you are 'rotated' slightly more forward now - if you see what I mean.
Raising the bars a little worked for me. But for some reason I wanted that aero position. So eventually lowered the bars again and got used to the feel.

Top Bottom