Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Instead of starting a new thread this seems as good a dumping ground as any.

Today’s Wiggo Q & A on ITV4 then. I missed the bit where he discussed the Jiffybag, but found a (hopefully reliable) transcript...

There are things that have come to light with this whole thing that we’ve found out since that are quite scary actually and it’s very sinister. We’re still not at the bottom of it, we’re finding new stuff out daily to do with the package that never was and all this stuff and it’s quite frightening actually....

We’re still working on it, still trying to piece it all together. Not a legal team, just other people coming to us now and saying: ‘You know this has happened, don’t you?’ We can debate TUEs and that’s one thing, but where it went after that with everything else – there is a film to be made there. I’d love it to all come out. Once it’s all stacked up and pieced together it’s quite shocking.

WTAF! This sounds like something Trump might say, but he must have some reason for lobbing this poop-grenade. Also chucking it in on day one of his two day stint on the tour team? He knows this will get at least some traction in the press, but he’s going to have to come up with something more concrete soon or any credibility he had is shot.

Opinions?

Adam4868

Guru
Personally speaking as much as I like him (a bit !) I think Wiggins will do anything for publicity,he's desperate to be on TV and the like !

Instead of starting a new thread this seems as good a dumping ground as any.

Today’s Wiggo Q & A on ITV4 then. I missed the bit where he discussed the Jiffybag, but found a (hopefully reliable) transcript...

WTAF! This sounds like something Trump might say, but he must have some reason for lobbing this poop-grenade. Also chucking it in on day one of his two day stint on the tour team? He knows this will get at least some traction in the press, but he’s going to have to come up with something more concrete soon or any credibility he had is shot.

Opinions?
When he spoke it, it came out like a stream of consciousness, rather than a considered, deliberate statement, which is how it might read. However, my memory is hazy now but he said he wasn't invited to speak at the hearing, which I don't believe is entirely correct, or that his written answers weren't included in the report but I thought they were published. I got the impression that he hadn't managed to weave a narrative out of chewygate yet, whereas he had for Froomegate.

He did make some good arguments for why TUE's are needed and why they should be private, with the exception of the dodgy std analogy, which was a case of, really? He also listens to Lance Armstrong's podcast which I think is well dodgy!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Thanks Crax. I wasn't able to watch all of yesterday's stage coverage so the context is useful.

Don't know what to think about it all TBH. Whether it was just him shooting his mouth, messing with people for giggles (I seem to remember him telling a story about blowing smoke up Jalabert's bum before I went out) or a more deliberate play to the nutjob wing of cycling fandom.

Thanks Crax. I wasn't able to watch all of yesterday's stage coverage so the context is useful.

Don't know what to think about it all TBH. Whether it was just him shooting his mouth, messing with people for giggles (I seem to remember him telling a story about blowing smoke up Jalabert's bum before I went out) or a more deliberate play to the nutjob wing of cycling fandom.
I'd hesitate to call him an outright liar but he shifts far enough from the truth to cast himself and events he was involved in, in a positive light. I still hold the impression, despite his protestations, that he knew he was acting unethically if not illegally, which is not to say he doesn't have some interesting observations to make or that I don't like him.

Hang on. There is something fish going on here with the dodgy doctor.
More circumstantial evidence for suspicious goings on.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/46870091
Sky, as a sponsor, must have knew this was coming down, which perhaps prompted their fairly short notice decision to pull the plug.

Top Bottom