FSA BB30 Adapter............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You don't want to fit a Sram red crank. Made out of cheese aka carbon fibre.......... it will melt if the sun comes out ;-)

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
You don't want to fit a Sram red crank. Made out of cheese aka carbon fibre.......... it will melt if the sun comes out ;-)
Is that right? I don't normally do carbon in anyway shape of form, but the bike came with an FSA SL-K carbon crank and apart from being BB30 I've got no issues with it, yet even that doesn't get great reviews apparently.

What would you suggest, but remember it needs to have black crank arms and black rings and must also compliment my CAAD10 and not have the word Campagnolo on it :whistle:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
On a slightly more serious note, I haven't heard any negative reviews of the Sram red cranks, but have also heard one or two bad reviews on Fsa cranks.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
On a slightly more serious note, I haven't heard any negative reviews of the Sram red cranks, but have also heard one or two bad reviews on Fsa cranks.
Aha, your a funny guy :tongue: The SRAM Red comments were just a wind up then right?

It's important to me as I have to make the right decision first time with this. I can't afford to sort out any mistakes.

I've just had a quick Google of SRAM Red reviews and it seems that the big ring is susceptible to flex, so it may be either back to the drawing board, or I just forget the stealth look and whack a DA 7900 chainset on it????

There is another option, http://www.condorcycles.com/Chainsets/9938-Dura-Ace-Carbon-Chainset/flypage.tpl.html but I think Mrs S might have something to say about that one :ohmy:

Top Bottom