Fuel duty cut will cost £500,000,000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Now I've laid bare my qualifications, experience and income on the table who wants to seriously tell me I am on the gravy train?

Oh, and as well as having UK nursing registration I am an RN in both New Zealand and the USA. I had a green card in the US and a job lined up in Seattle (as did my wife) but we chose to stay in the UK on the birth of our child. We didn't chose to stay for the money or the lifestyle I can tell you.
But, but, but.....if you're not in it for the money then you must be in it either because you like your job or you enjoy helping people? If either of those is the case then Linford wants to cut your pay because we can't possibly pay you for something that is valuable, that you're good at and that you might enjoy!!!

Linford

Now I've laid bare my qualifications, experience and income on the table who wants to seriously tell me I am on the gravy train?

Oh, and as well as having UK nursing registration I am an RN in both New Zealand and the USA. I had a green card in the US and a job lined up in Seattle (as did my wife) but we chose to stay in the UK on the birth of our child. We didn't chose to stay for the money or the lifestyle I can tell you.

I should flipping well hope so. For you to move abroad after the state has invested so much time and money in you would be such a betrayal really

I salute your ethic and take it all back. I'm sorry, but my less than rose tinted view of state workers will never be the same again - you are the exception to the rule :thumbsup:

But, but, but.....if you're not in it for the money then you must be in it either because you like your job or you enjoy helping people? If either of those is the case then Linford wants to cut your pay because we can't possibly pay you for something that is valuable, that you're good at and that you might enjoy!!!
Its a balance of things. I could have left the NHS years ago and been selling pharmaceuticals, etc (ughh). I could have gone into NHS management and earnt more money (boring). I could (and might) leave the UK to work abroad. I do love my job though and am very good at it. That fact is taken advantage of by most governments. Oh, and I really object to being told I am on the gravy train or have a gold plated pension.

I should flipping well hope so. For you to move abroad after the state has invested so much time and money in you would be such a betrayal really

I salute your ethic and take it all back. I'm sorry, but my less than rose tinted view of state workers will never be the same again - you are the exception to the rule :thumbsup:
The thing is Linford. Where I work it's the norm and not the exception.

Linford

Its a balance of things. I could have left the NHS years ago and been selling pharmaceuticals, etc (ughh). I could have gone into NHS management and earnt more money (boring). I could (and might) leave the UK to work abroad. I do love my job though and am very good at it. That fact is taken advantage of by most governments. Oh, and I really object to being told I am on the gravy train or have a gold plated pension.

MisterP - he called you boring ;)

Linford

[QUOTE 1911285, member: 45"]Again, I've only ever worked for the NHS as a nursing assistant.[/quote]

So you work for the agency getting nurses for the 'bank' then ?

Linford

[QUOTE 1911298, member: 45"]Again, I've told you I've never recruited or employed medical staff.

Would this be easier for you if I drew pictures?[/quote]

But you fessed up to interviewing them on the other thread......

Top Bottom