Fuel Supply Issue ? Blockades ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Apparently, there may be more fuel blockades ?

Just heard via the wife/her sister, but it's been on local radio all day. Hence no fuel left in the local fuel stations.

Wife filled up as she was empty - mine's empty, oh well, nothing unusual for me. :thumbsup:

I'd driven past a few stations earlier, never noticed, but my son did. What's this car fuel stuff ?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Apparently, there may be more fuel blockades ?

Just heard via the wife/her sister, but it's been on local radio all day. Hence no fuel left in the local fuel stations.

Wife filled up as she was empty - mine's empty, oh well, nothing unusual for me. :thumbsup:

I'd driven past a few stations earlier, never noticed, but my son did. What's this car fuel stuff ?

There was an email going round about this last week, seemed fake. If it was going to happen, the first whiff of it would be all over the national press and that ain't happening. Such emails cause unneccesary panic buying and could become self-satisfying. Local radio speculation means squat.
I may be wrong ....

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
If I see one, I'll cycle past and do the loudest Nelson (from the Simpsons) style

'HA HA!!'

I can. And then cycle off as quickly as I can before any motorist can mow me down :laugh:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, the local idiot's have cleaned the pumps out.

My wife asked - how are you on fuel (PS she knows :thumbsup:)... me - empty as usual... oh well, never mind. :tongue:

A Red wine drought would cause me serious issues though ! :tongue:

byegad

Legendary Member
The fool protest people have been making noises.

However I'm old enough to remember the great sugar shortage, started by newspapers who predicted that sugar was going to be in short supply. Within days the TV was showing queues and shops and supermarkets shelves were emptied of sugar faster than they could refill them. Around the same time the same thing happened with potatoes.

Blockading the depots was incredibly effective, so much so that the then government were reputed to be planning using the Armed Forces to reopen them.

I suspect this scare is the petrol suppliers trying to boost sales.

I have an excellent idea.........
Why not drive within the speed limits and accelerate / brake smoothly?

One motoring pundit took out a BMW man as a test and showed a 25% saving in his fuel costs if he drove legally and sensibly!

I wonder if such a concept could catch on?

TVC

Oil prices have dropped noticeably in the last week after every bodies favourite comedy terrorist was assassinated, so prices might stay stable for a bit.

Clearly some of you have missed the news about the world shortage in Greek dips. I was in Waitrose this morning, there was panic buying of Taramasolata, and they were completely out of Tzatsiki. It could be worse than the focaccia rationing of 2008.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Oil prices have dropped noticeably in the last week after every bodies favourite comedy terrorist was assassinated, so prices might stay stable for a bit.

Clearly some of you have missed the news about the world shortage in Greek dips. I was in Waitrose this morning, there was panic buying of Taramasolata, and they were completely out of Tzatsiki. It could be worse than the focaccia rationing of 2008.

Waitrose were out of pre-packed Pork Joint this morning causing a stampede to the Butchery counter, it was carnage. I would have complained but I didn't want any beef from anyone.

On a serious note, Coconut milk is in short supply ....

Top Bottom