No longer being updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
It's still not rained here.

It rained significantly yesterday here. Then today, it was just spitting rain on and off for most of the day - I could feel raindrops on my arms both ways on my commute, but didn't really get wet. Then about half an hour after I got home, it started raining steadily again, and still is.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It rained significantly yesterday here. Then today, it was just spitting rain on and off for most of the day - I could feel raindrops on my arms both ways on my commute, but didn't really get wet. Then about half an hour after I got home, it started raining steadily again, and still is.

Yup, still raining when i got up at 6am and rain forecast till 10……..i wonder if @fossyant has had any yet???

OP
OP
J

jowwy

We've had sprinkles, light rain here now. Will probably need to water the tomatoes in the growbag (outside). Time to pop some lawn feed (iron sulphate) down.

I did that when it rained before the current dry spell, greens the grass up real well. Its still raining here, not stopped overnight and predicted to last til around 10am........

Might have to put a big roof over the garden, dont want it getting too much water :okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
20220817_064936.jpg

even had rain in Hertfordshire, the OH's lawn has greened up a treat.

tomatoes are just coming into crop too, very very tasty

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Jealous? 🤣

not at all....just asking a question?

I mean i wouldnt want the environmentalists on here to start slating you for having plastic grass and destroying the bug population and anything else they may come up with. I mean a picture of real grass sent them over the edge.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
not at all....just asking a question?

I mean i wouldnt want the environmentalists on here to start slating you for having plastic grass and destroying the bug population and anything else they may come up with. I mean a picture of real grass sent them over the edge.

its real enough as in you can touch it and it exists :okay:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Plastic then ! :laugh:

Just iron sulphated the lawns - just 1 watering can per lawn. Not done them this year, despite having a large amount of the stuff. Lasts ages. My hands now smell 'irony'. :laugh:

Please tell me you filled the can from your water butt?? ^_^

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The tap. :whistle: Ps stopped raining ! The tap is bust on the water butt, so it's just for the greenhouse watering system. :blush:

quick - dont the hard hat and run for cover......,they will find you lol :laugh:

Still raining here, thats about 16hrs solid now

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Drought declared in South West Wales after water levels plummet
FTFY

In Pembrokshire, south west wales…..and parts of camarthenshire. Quite a fair distance from were i live, where this no hosepipe ban or drought declared…….

its rained were i live now for nearly 3 days and sometimes torrential. Because i live up in the mountains, not on the flatlands of pembroke………

AB28AE4E-44F2-46BA-BC7D-44114EF6372C.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom