No longer being updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Maybe i should switch my air conditioner off, because some cant afford their electric too….or i shouldnt drive because some cant afford the petrol/diesel. I mean when do we stop doing things in case we upset others….

sheeesh.

postman

Legendary Member
My moan at the moment is the waste of water on football pitches.Poor footballers mightfall down on hard grass.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

+1

I quite like the Outback look in a garden.

I like looking at a nice green lawn, which i spent months building, laying and seeding……no drought were i live, no hosepipe bans, so i will use the water i pay for to keep my lawns and plants alive, until i am told otherwise by my water company.

D

Deleted member 1258

I like looking at a nice green lawn, which i spent months building, laying and seeding……no drought were i live, no hosepipe bans, so i will use the water i pay for to keep my lawns and plants alive, until i am told otherwise by my water company.

I'll have a nice green lawn when this is over, the grass dies on top, the underground roots are fine, it will come back when its a bit cooler and wetter, I've seen this before, I can wait.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I'll have a nice green lawn when this is over, the grass dies on top, the underground roots are fine, it will come back when its a bit cooler and wetter, I've seen this before, I can wait.

Good for you……like i said, no drought or bans were i live In wales.

Should it matter what country we live in??? Straight answer is yes it should. Thats why we have diffferent governments in each of the four countries and that there are 4 reservoirs in wales that still feed the midlands, so we are already doing our bit to keep little england topped up with water……so when it rains tmrw and tuesday, just remember that wales is doing their bit to help you all.

Last edited by a moderator:

T4tomo

Guru
Its best not to water when the sun is out, do it either first thing or last thing.

Watering tip two, don't water to often otherwise the roots just mill about near the surface rather than driving themselves deeper in search of water.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

lets move on from the water issue.......i will post more updates on the rebuild as i go along

Cheers All who like the updates

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Its best not to water when the sun is out, do it either first thing or last thing.

Watering tip two, don't water to often otherwise the roots just mill about near the surface rather than driving themselves deeper in search of water.

Very true. It's a common error to give plants too much TLC as they quickly adapt to ideal conditions and then fail in tougher times. Too much watering is the most frequent error.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I wonder when its thundering down with rain for days on end, does the grass think “wow, too much water, me roots wont go deep enough if the rain dont stop, tell it to stop raining”

dear me, talk about telling a granny how to suck eggs….sheeesh

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I wonder when its thundering down with rain for days on end, does the grass think “wow, too much water, me roots wont go deep enough if the rain dont stop, tell it to stop raining”

dear me, talk about telling a granny how to suck eggs….sheeesh

You clearly know very little about growing plants, if you knew much at all you would understand why that is such a very silly statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom