Garmin - another question!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam2008

Can you record and display the total distance clocked over say a month or even longer? I do a lot of little trips and it seems to just tract them as individual routes. Or can this only be done by logging on the softwear?
Thanks for your help.
Adam

dodgy

Which Garmin? 305 or 705?

Just checked on my 705 and you just go into 'History' and select 'totals' and it tells you your accumulated distance. There is also 2 odometers on the 705 that you can have for 2 bikes, so there's another place to see accumulated mileage.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

OP
OP
adam2008

adam2008

Its the 305, I have just found the History to see the accumulated distance. Can this be displayed on the screen during the ride?

dodgy

No I don't think it can, but what you could do is not upload your ride at the end of each day. Simply turn it off and then turn it on again for your next ride, the mileage will commence for where you left of. In essence, the Garmin will think you're still on the same (very long) ride. Beware though, it's possible to fill up the memory this way, sooner or later you're going to have to upload your data to a pc.

Dave.

OP
OP
adam2008

adam2008

Thanks for all your info Dave, its a great help. I assume then that the accumulated distance in the History will wipe out when the memory is full.
I only got the thing yesterday and haven't had a chance to look at the instruction booklet (mind you, you know what these things are like... have a play and then look at the booklet!).
Thanks again!

Top Bottom