Garmin Edge 305 help !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col1888

Hi

Downloaded a 31 mile course to my Garmin 305 last night. Went out and did the course today. Head wind was horrendous coming back, felt like i was treading water at times !! My question is : tonight i have downloaded my data from the 305 to Garmin TC, i have then tried to create a new course using my 31 miler data on the 305 but it says memory full and won't let me create a course using this data. But if i scroll down and use my previous 12 mile data from 2 days ago it will ! Memory is not full and i only have 3 other courses created, anybody explain and help please ?

Thanks
Col

Whilst you still have more route A to B capacity, each route is made up of several data points. The longer route the more data points. You'll be exceeding the number of data points.

zacklaws

Guru
I often get that problem and as col1888 mentioned its usually down to too many points being stored. I normally delete a few of the courses and upload the new ones.

In a similar vein, I find that if I create a course approx 100miles along with all waypoints etc, when I come to do the course the Edge is very sluggish updating its position etc and it is easy to start missing your turnings. So when it comes to long courses, I keep it very simple or alternatively split it up into sections and treat each as a seperate course and that way it will not overload the memory.

Top Bottom