1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas ha ha ha

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Fnaar, 20 Jul 2007.

1. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Just spent best part of an hour trying to find out how to get my gas meter moved. 4 different numbers (and associated menus and greensleeves etc muzak), I got some div who told me that he couldn't tell me how much it would cost, as he couldn't discuss prices over the phone, but he could send me a form which would detail price range for different amounts of movement (i.e. less than 2 metres, 2-3 metres, more than 3 metres, etc), and that after getting payment, they had up to 20 working days to give us a date for agreement for the work to be done! :?::biggrin::tongue:
    Jesus H!!!!

2. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Just do it yourself man! A hacksaw, a hose, a lot of gaffer tape and a lighter to check for leaks afterwards...:tongue:

Would it prove easier to leave the meter where it is, and move the house?

3. OP
    OP
    Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I'm very tempted! I could agree with myself a date when I think I might do the work! Mind you, not sure if I can specify morning or afternoon, until the afternoon of the date when I'm meant to be doing the work, but am held up at "another job" Sheeesh! :tongue::?:

4. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

A friend wanted to move GM a few years back in order to have a new fitted kitchen. Would of cost a fortune. I persuaded him to have a built in cupboard for the meter and site the fridge over the top. Job done

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Moving house seems the logical solution, if you do it in less than 20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. bugslop

bugslop New Member

I've just come back after three weeks without the internet, thanks to BT, you try talking to them its bl**dy impossible. Then when i finally do make it back every body's moved!