Gatorskins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

I use both.

The folders are slightly lighter than the rigid bead.
Folders can be packaged under the saddle.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
The best thing, to be honest, is not to buy Gatorskins. They pu***ure constantly and try and spit you off at the merest suggestion of moisture on the road.

However, they have many contented followers so good luck :biggrin:

jay clock

Massive member
The best thing, to be honest, is not to buy Gatorskins. They pu***ure constantly and try and spit you off at the merest suggestion of moisture on the road.

However, they have many contented followers so good luck :biggrin:
I just looked at my mileage log and I also record punctures and maintainance. I did 3382km on Gatorskins in the past couple of years (spread over 2 bikes) and had 3 punctures. So am average of 1182km per puncture. And I haven't fallen off in the rain.....

Tharg2007

Veteran
i had some armadillos and found them to be heavy, they also had what seemed like rolling resistance, slow tires imo.

I do have gators though and cant fault them, no probs in the rain either. Bit slippy over metal manhole covers and road markings but what isnt?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Must say I didn't get on with 'em either - or any Conti tyres for that matter. I've tried Gatorskins, GP3000s and GP4000s and they all seem to get very quickly covered in little slits - and I reckon I was averaging about one puncture a month (that's probably c.300 miles). Since going over to Michelins I've had a lot less problems.

potsy

Rambler
Just recently tries the gators,as a lighter alternative to the M+,2 pun*tu*es in 300 miles after none in over 1000 miles with the M+.
Certainly are lighter but as they are on a commuter bike and I travel home at 10pm every other week I prefer the bomb-proof M+ and will take the slight decrease in speed.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Panter said:

However, they have many contented followers so good luck xx(

What on earth do you do to them?? I have never had that sort of problems with them, how can a tyre "spit you off ... the road" :biggrin:

I used to be a Schwalbe supporter, but am now a Conti fanbio. Of my 5 bikes, 2 have Gatorskins, 2 have Sport Contacts & the last bike is in bits.

Top Bottom