Gawd almighty.

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by postman, 11 Jul 2019.

1. postman

postman Legendary Member

You know the country is in a mess,when the rags are full of pictures and stories about she=== progs like Geordie Shore,Love Island and not forgetting Meegan and baby.Drivel like GS and LI should be banned.What has happened to telly these days.

2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

There's plenty of other stuff to watch too :okay:

AndyRM likes this.
  3. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

I haven't got a TV and don't read newspapers.

Crackle, slowmotion, Beebo and 2 others like this.
  4. Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Specialized Super Fan

I steer clear of that tripe on TV, I mainly watch MotoGP, Endeavour when it was on and the odd episode of Family Guy and Bob's Burgers... I feel these programmes just encourage young impressionable people to become morons because they believe that's what people find attractive/ get you places/stardom.....exactly the effect social media has....I like wholesome, meaningful television, like documentaries etc.

raleighnut likes this.
  5. DP

DP Chasse patate

We need to get back to the Reithian ethos of educate, inform, entertain.

Mind you, he was a jazz racist.

theclaud and brodiej like this.
  6. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

:eek:

Slick likes this.
  7. Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Specialized Super Fan

I knew someone would clock that @Milkfloat - I hardly watch tv in honesty....if I do...it's something I have genuinely seen advertised which looks good. I only watch the comedy cartoons when I just need background rubbish or I need a laugh :whistle:

Slick, Milkfloat and raleighnut like this.
  8. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Yep whatever happened to quality shows like 'Duckman' or this,

View: https://youtu.be/pTKgLK6DB80

Greatest show ever.

Threevok and classic33 like this.
  9. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

No TV here, but I read the papers

10. rugby bloke

rugby bloke Veteran

To be honest, I enjoy sitting down with my daughter to watch Love Island. It is a chance to see the world through her teenage eyes and connect with her. The TV is fairly mindless but it is more background entertainment. It s a really good way of finding out how she judges people and relationships. So I guess its a guilty pleasure for me.

johnblack likes this.
  11. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Go ride your bike instead

12. Slick

Slick Veteran

I probably watch a fair bit of television but I've yet to watch a single episode of any of those programs. News and sport for me with the odd beeb drama thrown in. Reality TV never did it for me I'm afraid.

13. But if they don't keep pouring that drivel out then people may start thinking about the real problems we're facing. This in turn could lead to people agitating for change, and that would never do.

Much better to keep the bread and circuses going: let them laugh at each other and tell themselves they're superior...

classic33 and raleighnut like this.
  14. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

what is a jazz racist ?

15. DP

DP Chasse patate

Lord Reith forbid the playing of black American jazz music on the grounds that it was filthy. And also described Hitler as magnificently efficient.

So, you know, educate, inform, entertain. That was good. But he supported Hitler and he was a jazz racist.

Of course, Hitler's racial hatred worked within very strict principles, but Lord Reith liked to improvise. He'd come in on different mornings and no-one knew which race he was going to hate next.

"I hate the Portuguese today."
    "Lord Reith, you surprised us."
    "Try and keep up."

theclaud and srw like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice