Gawd almighty.

postman

Legendary Member
You know the country is in a mess,when the rags are full of pictures and stories about she=== progs like Geordie Shore,Love Island and not forgetting Meegan and baby.Drivel like GS and LI should be banned.What has happened to telly these days.

vickster

Legendary Member
There's plenty of other stuff to watch too :okay:

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I steer clear of that tripe on TV, I mainly watch MotoGP, Endeavour when it was on and the odd episode of Family Guy and Bob's Burgers... I feel these programmes just encourage young impressionable people to become morons because they believe that's what people find attractive/ get you places/stardom.....exactly the effect social media has....I like wholesome, meaningful television, like documentaries etc.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I steer clear of that tripe on TV, I mainly watch MotoGP, Endeavour when it was on and the odd episode of Family Guy and Bob's Burgers... I feel these programmes just encourage young impressionable people to become morons because they believe that's what people find attractive/ get you places/stardom.....exactly the effect social media has....I like wholesome, meaningful television, like documentaries etc.
:eek:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
No TV here, but I read the papers

rugby bloke

Veteran
To be honest, I enjoy sitting down with my daughter to watch Love Island. It is a chance to see the world through her teenage eyes and connect with her. The TV is fairly mindless but it is more background entertainment. It s a really good way of finding out how she judges people and relationships. So I guess its a guilty pleasure for me.

Slick

Veteran
I probably watch a fair bit of television but I've yet to watch a single episode of any of those programs. News and sport for me with the odd beeb drama thrown in. Reality TV never did it for me I'm afraid.

You know the country is in a mess,when the rags are full of pictures and stories about she=== progs like Geordie Shore,Love Island and not forgetting Meegan and baby.Drivel like GS and LI should be banned.What has happened to telly these days.
But if they don't keep pouring that drivel out then people may start thinking about the real problems we're facing. This in turn could lead to people agitating for change, and that would never do.

Much better to keep the bread and circuses going: let them laugh at each other and tell themselves they're superior...

U

User169

what is a jazz racist ?
Lord Reith forbid the playing of black American jazz music on the grounds that it was filthy. And also described Hitler as magnificently efficient.

So, you know, educate, inform, entertain. That was good. But he supported Hitler and he was a jazz racist.

Of course, Hitler's racial hatred worked within very strict principles, but Lord Reith liked to improvise. He'd come in on different mornings and no-one knew which race he was going to hate next.

"I hate the Portuguese today."
"Lord Reith, you surprised us."
"Try and keep up."

Top Bottom