'Gels'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Whats the deal with these.

I guess they're like a gel - thick, sweet-like substance and give you some sort of energy kick :biggrin:

Wow, you've really done your homework.

MessenJah

Rider
google "carb gels" and you will have your answer.

edit: I already posted something about gels on the energy drink thread in reply

Monkey Boy

If you talk to Cathryn....they have the consistency of lumpy sp*nk!! Still find it hard to swallow those things since she mentioned it (Fnarr will be along any minute)

Might get a surprise or two if ya try googling that!

domtyler

Über Member
They're generally not that sweet as they consist of some kind of polymerised sugar, maltose or something. They do keep the knock away and are very quick and easy to consume while riding and more importantly they are easy on the stomach unlike solid food.

Blonde

I find them good. Have tried SIS ones and also Multipower - both are good. They taste like strong squash or cordial and are just a very thin syrup. They are not very thick so are very easy to swallow - only a little more viscous than a soft drink really. They deliver a hit of sugar which really works for about 45 minutes to one hour at the end of a ride when you're flagging a bit. I wouldn't rely on them throughout a ride, but just have one, about 45 minutes to one hour from the end of a long, or hilly ride. The ones with caffiene in them are especially good.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Blonde said:
I find them good. Have tried SIS ones and also Multipower - both are good. They taste like strong squash or cordial and are just a very thin syrup. They are not very thick so are very easy to swallow - only a little more viscous than a soft drink really. They deliver a hit of sugar which really works for about 45 minutes to one hour at the end of a ride when you're flagging a bit. I wouldn't rely on them throughout a ride, but just have one, about 45 minutes to one hour from the end of a long, or hilly ride. The ones with caffiene in them are especially good.

Thanks for the conscise info !

:wacko:

Top Bottom