Gentleman's Cycling shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

Yesterday I found a very old pair of padded cycling shorts I bought when I was eighteen. At the time I didn't get on with them at least partially because I wasn't really sure whether you were meant to wear pants with them or not! As a result I'd hardly worn them. Also, I did find them a little uncomfortalble, as I'll explain.

Anyway, I tried them out on my commute yesterday, and although they were more comfortable on my bum I did find that they didn't leave much room up front for the family jewels which ended up with me feeling a bit cramped in that area. Therefore I was wondering if all cycling shorts are like that, or whether some allow you a little room to stop the meat and two veg from getting squashed?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You could cut a hole in the front and let it hang out.

mr Mag00

rising member
i bought some for the winter and were so uncomfortable, cannot remember the make binned them, i now wear pretty much specialized they fit me well

yenrod

Goddamit the bits - theirs nowt worse than when it red hot - like it was today and your crunching your way up a climb le package ;) was scxreaming for some freedom but that prob would have resulted in arrest so I 'grunted and beared' it :smile:

OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

fossyant said:
Will be a tight-ish fit - you don't want stuff wibbling and wobbling about !!

Well, I don't see why not. I'm looking at these things to replace my underpants, rather than both my underpants and shorts, so a certain amount of freedom up front wouldn't be indecent as I'd have a pair of normal shorts over the top anyway.

Top Bottom