1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gentleman's Cycling shorts

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by PrettyboyTim, 10 May 2008.

1. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Yesterday I found a very old pair of padded cycling shorts I bought when I was eighteen. At the time I didn't get on with them at least partially because I wasn't really sure whether you were meant to wear pants with them or not! As a result I'd hardly worn them. Also, I did find them a little uncomfortalble, as I'll explain.

Anyway, I tried them out on my commute yesterday, and although they were more comfortable on my bum I did find that they didn't leave much room up front for the family jewels which ended up with me feeling a bit cramped in that area. Therefore I was wondering if all cycling shorts are like that, or whether some allow you a little room to stop the meat and two veg from getting squashed?

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

You could cut a hole in the front and let it hang out.

3. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

i bought some for the winter and were so uncomfortable, cannot remember the make binned them, i now wear pretty much specialized they fit me well

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Will be a tight-ish fit - you don't want stuff wibbling and wobbling about !!

5. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Goddamit the bits - theirs nowt worse than when it red hot - like it was today and your crunching your way up a climb le package ;) was scxreaming for some freedom but that prob would have resulted in arrest so I 'grunted and beared' it :smile:

6. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Well, I don't see why not. I'm looking at these things to replace my underpants, rather than both my underpants and shorts, so a certain amount of freedom up front wouldn't be indecent as I'd have a pair of normal shorts over the top anyway.