Getting fitter/stronger?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abo

I just rode to Yarm and back, 11.5 mile round trip so nothing too mental for a lunchtime ride to the shop.

On the way there I intercepted a cool-looking old steel framed roadie, when I caught him up I knew there was a bit of a steep climb coming up so I stayed behind him; I didn't fancy overtaking him only to get lunched up the hill :tongue:. When we started climbing he slowed down, I'd have been quicker than him up the hill. I kept behind him, wish I'd taken him now though :whistle:

Massive queue of traffic down the hill into Yarm, loved blasting down the hill on the right of the traffic past it all :laugh:

Halfway back it pissed down, I only had a short-sleeved shirt and zipoff trousers on and I got soaked lol. It was nice when I set out...

I was more knackered when I got back, I was thinking I must be feeling really unfit or something, apart from a quick blast into town yesterday I'd had a few days off the bike. But when I plugged the Garmin in and checked Gamin Connect, my average speed was 16.9mph, 2mph faster than I'd ridden that route before.

Well chuffed, all things considered!

C

chillyuk

An old roadie or a roadie on an old steel frame :biggrin:

I wouldn't be too contemptuous though. He may not be fast but could probably keep his pace going for hours on end. On the other hand he may do 5 miles and have a rest!

apollo179

Remember to thank the old steel framed roadie the next time you see him for the tow up the hill and your new pb ave mph.

OP
OP
abo

abo

Remember to thank the old steel framed roadie the next time you see him for the tow up the hill and your new pb ave mph.

Lol I was gonna say hi when we got to the T-junction a little further ahead, but he went through the red light and turned left :whistle:

Top Bottom