Getting videos transferred to DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hi all
I have some home movies on video tapes (that were originally on cine film!). We want to get these transferred to DVD, as not many people have video players any more. Neither I nor my family has a video/DVD player that can do this, but there do seem to be places that will do this for you - I've seen £15 as a price per video.

Does anyone have any experience of this?
Any internet places for this to recommend? Or to warn about?

Thanks for any input.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We had the wedding video converted to DVD. We stuck with a known high street name and went to the local Jessops. I cant remember how much it costs but the copy is fine, albeit VHS quality on a DVD!

I cant help you with internet places, as we played safe and didnt want to post the video off anywhere

Night Train

Maker of Things
This won't help much but I have an old VCR and bought a DVD recorder and was in the process of converting mine at home. For some reason the DVD recorder now corrupts the DVDs leading to a pile of useless DVDRs.

I will persevere a bit longer I guess, before I buy a converter to send the VCR signal to the laptop.

Maz

Guru
My brother did (still does? - not sure) VHS to DVD conversions. He also does thumbnail indexing so you can jump straight to the recording you want to see (that is, if you have several events recorded on the same tape). I think he charged 5 quid a pop for a straight VHS-DVD conversion.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
A few years ago I used a guy on ebay to do VHS to DVD. Quality of finished DVD was top notch. Cant remember seller's id though. It was only £10 about 5 years ago

Top Bottom