Ghosts - Yes or no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
This has probably been done plenty of times before... but the wife (ok me too) is watching ghosthunters on Living2 and its actually not all that bad as they seem to try to disprove many claims and dont run around screaming.

Now I am a bit on the fence with this, I have never seen a ghost but have had 'feelings' of presences and I dont really want to close my mind off the the concept.

What about everyone else? any experiences?

dudi

none at all. don't believe in the paranormal.

Mr Pig

Yes and no.

I think that most of the ghost stories one hears are rubbish with no shred of truth in them, just an illusion, overactive imagination or downright lie.

However, I do believe in a spiritual realm and believe that some people do have genuine contact with it. I do not believe though that it always as it seems. Just as some human beings lie and deceive I believe that spiritual beings can too. People may really see things but it's naive to assume that what you see is what it seems to be.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
No.

image006.jpg

Noodley

Say NO to ghosts.

Coming into our world stealing our jobs and our burds, etc...:biggrin:

But God is fine :biggrin: He's believable....

Maz

Guru
I say 'yes'. Never had any personal experience of them but I know of those that have. And they are everyday run-of-the-mill people, not into hallucinogenic drugs or owt.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I don't believe in ghosts at all. I can find no evidence of how there could be ghosts.

However, I have seen ghosts four times. Can't explain it. Have a few theories, some plausable, some implausable, some reliant on quantum physics and some questioning my own sanity at the time.

I still can't believe it but also I can't disbelieve what I saw and felt on each occasion.

Bigtwin

Not ghosts as such, but I fell into correspondence with the Chair of Parapsychology at Aberdeen Uni for a while when I was lecturing - really very interesting empirically tested (insofar as it can be perhaps) research. My particular area of interest was the interaction between twins, which I think offers some really quite extraordinary events which crave better explanation than "conventional" treatment of the issue provides.

Is this a private conversation Dave or can anyone join in?

Anyway Bigtwin, this chair of parasychology, has anyone actually seen him?

Dave5N

Über Member
Crackle said:
Is this a private conversation Dave or can anyone join in?

Anyway Bigtwin, this chair of parasychology, has anyone actually seen him?

Feck off. I was talking to the translucent bloke in the period costume holding his head under his arm, there, in the shadows!

Not you.

FFS

Top Bottom