Giant 2009 - New TCRs, SCR becomes "Defy" (I think)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
More info on Bike Radar

Giant will also debut a new line of ‘performance’ bikes for 2009 called Defy. As compared to the OCR lines it replaces, Defy promises a heavier dose of TCR DNA while still offering the slightly more upright position, relaxed handling and softer ride that more and more riders seek nowadays.

dodgy

I wish bike manufacturers and magazines would stop telling me that I want a sportive/relaxed/upright (delete as appropriate) bike!

Dave.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
John the Monkey said:
Oversize Compact Road

Oh... thanks... out of inteest, why "oversize"... if it's oversize, it isn't compact (or am I taking it too literally?) Genuine questions, just interested.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Fnaar said:
Oh... thanks... out of inteest, why "oversize"... if it's oversize, it isn't compact (or am I taking it too literally?) Genuine questions, just interested.

It's something to do with the tubing the original frames used - the technology moved on, but the nomenclature didn't.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
dodgy said:
I wish bike manufacturers and magazines would stop telling me that I want a sportive/relaxed/upright (delete as appropriate) bike!
It would spoil the C+ "Sportive" drinking game, mind, (although if you can get past the first half of the mag without being absolutely legless...)

I did want relaxed/upright riding position when I first got a road bike, but I notice that I'm soon going to run out of spacers under the stem, which probably isn't a good sign :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
I consider that Giant are now comparable if not ahead of many of the makes that we traditionally accept as being first class frames. However they still have a long way to go to match Colnago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walker

I will say it appears Giant have finally made some good colour schemes, there last productions over the last 5 years at least have been totally discusting, so much so I bought one

SamNichols

I don't think that the Defy actually affects the SCR range, actually. Defy's phasing out the OCR, but can't see any reference to SCR in the article. Perhaps that is because I didn't look hard enough though.

I love my Giant.

Top Bottom