1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giant 2009 - New TCRs, SCR becomes "Defy" (I think)

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by John the Monkey, 23 Jun 2008.

1. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

More info on Bike Radar

2. dodgy

dodgy Veteran

I wish bike manufacturers and magazines would stop telling me that I want a sportive/relaxed/upright (delete as appropriate) bike!

Dave.

3. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I have an OCR... what's that stand for?
    Old Crap Raleigh?
    Old Codger's Roadie...
    ????

4. John the Monkey

Oversize Compact Road

5. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Oh... thanks... out of inteest, why "oversize"... if it's oversize, it isn't compact (or am I taking it too literally?) Genuine questions, just interested.

6. John the Monkey

It's something to do with the tubing the original frames used - the technology moved on, but the nomenclature didn't.

7. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Very nice love the clean looks of that TCR it looks fast.

8. John the Monkey

It would spoil the C+ "Sportive" drinking game, mind, (although if you can get past the first half of the mag without being absolutely legless...)

I did want relaxed/upright riding position when I first got a road bike, but I notice that I'm soon going to run out of spacers under the stem, which probably isn't a good sign :smile:

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I consider that Giant are now comparable if not ahead of many of the makes that we traditionally accept as being first class frames. However they still have a long way to go to match Colnago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. walker

walker New Member

I will say it appears Giant have finally made some good colour schemes, there last productions over the last 5 years at least have been totally discusting, so much so I bought one

11. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

I don't think that the Defy actually affects the SCR range, actually. Defy's phasing out the OCR, but can't see any reference to SCR in the article. Perhaps that is because I didn't look hard enough though.

I love my Giant.