Giant Escape 0 v Boardman Comp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rosco

hi all,

Looking to buy a hybrid (flat bar) and thinking between these two

Giant Escape 0 and a Boardman Comp.

Any thoughts as to what I would be better with? Its for using to and from work (4-5 miles each way). No need for racks as I use a rucksack. Mud guards etc I take it or leave it.

Thanks in advance.

Cubist

Still wavin'
hi all,

Looking to buy a hybrid (flat bar) and thinking between these two

Giant Escape 0 and a Boardman Comp.

Any thoughts as to what I would be better with? Its for using to and from work (4-5 miles each way). No need for racks as I use a rucksack. Mud guards etc I take it or leave it.

Thanks in advance.

The 2011 Escape has rim brakes and Shimano LX componentry for £995.

The Boardman Pro has Avid Elixir R disc brakes, high end SRAM drivetrain, and weighs 9kg, for £100 less. The Hybrid comp far out specs the Giant for several hundred less. No brainer, get the Boardman.

I own a Boarndman pro. It's fast, it's well built, I love it.

OP
OP
R

rosco

I'm off the same thinking. Boardman. Both however are second hand and are roughly the same price.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Ah. That changes some things, but not all. Still comparative spec, but how much are they going for? The Escape is £1000 new. The Boardman is £500.

I would advise a scouring of ebay for Boardmans. Many cops bought them on cycle to work last year and will be making the final payment in their October pay packets (15th) at which point ebay will be flooded with them. Might sway the pricing.......

Ouch. I've got an Escape M0 (26" wheels, hyd brakes, croMo fork) and paid around £450 about 3 years ago. I know the new ones are different now but thats a hefty price rise.

Top Bottom