Giants new lineup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Giants 2018 range is online today

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/bikes

Was looking at getting an sl tcr at some point around christmas however nothing excites me from the uk lineup...There are some nice ones on the romanian website for 2018.The 2017 sl1 is looking good now if they can still be had come december.The blue disc sl is nice but way out of my price range

vickster

Legendary Member
Keep an eye on Pauls and Ashcycles for reductions on 2017 models

OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
TCR Advanced SL 2-King Of Mountain_Color B_Neon Green.jpg

The above is a 2018 tcr sl2.I like it but cant be bought in uk

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Don't know what it is about Giant bikes, but they've never done anything for me.. I just find they look "odd" for some reason, and they all have variations on the same uninspiring paintscheme.

Each to there own I suppose.

OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
I have a 2016 tcr at the moment and really enjoy it.It has allmost paid for itself in commuting duties in the space of 3 months so was looking for a weekend bike.N+1 syndrome however if there is no stock of the current sl1 available nearer december it would probably do me a favour as I most likely wouldnt buy anything else:okay:

Ps got my current tcr from pauls cycles with £400 off.winner

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Don't know what it is about Giant bikes.... I just find they look "odd" for some reason

It's the compact geometry, it saves weight and increases strength. Not to everyone's taste, but it was ground-breaking when Mike Burrows pioneered it and when it debuted in Le Tour, it inspired a real change in the way that bikes woukd be designed in future. Look up the history of the TCR design, it's quite interesting.

bpsmith

Veteran
I had a Defy 1, as my first bike. Fantastic to ride. Very uninspiring to look at.

The former is the most important, but you still need the latter in my opinion.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I do wonder if they've shot themselves in the foot with most bikes below around £2000 having Giant Conduct brakes specified.

These look like a rework of TRP's Parabox to me. Being sold on the premise that bikes can be priced cheaper as any non-hydro shifters can be used which saves maybe £100 or so? Does that really matter at the £1500-2000 price point?

Can't find much in the way of reviews on them but it seems like a swimming against the full hydraulic tide to me - if they are so good in Giants view then why aren't they specified all the way up to high end Giants that have disc brakes?

I quite like the look and spec' of the Rival 1 equipped TCX SLR though:

TCX-SLR-1_Color-A_Blue.jpg

Cavalol

Guru
Don't know what it is about Giant bikes, but they've never done anything for me.. I just find they look "odd" for some reason, and they all have variations on the same uninspiring paintscheme.

Each to there own I suppose.

I wonder if it's a brand thing with a few people? Feel exactly as you do about Giants but with Cannondales. They have no appeal at all for me, just sort of dull and nothing to look twice at.

Top Bottom