Giro Stage 14 *spoiler*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'm surprised no one has written anything so far about what a great stage it was today... just the finish really. It's not often you get an urban climb as the final element, and it really was a cracker: narrow, twisty, walled on one side and packed with fans, and ramps of 16%. Nice to see Simon Gerrans get the win, and to see a break-away actually succeed too...

Landslide

Rare Migrant
It was a great finish, no warm-up for the riders either - just under the archway and BANG! An absolute wall!

Skip Madness

I have not yet seen the television images but seeing the climb in the flesh is just extraordinary - hard enough to walk up never mind cycle. We managed to get a great spot next to the finish line in the shade next to an Aussie couple, so it was a delight to see Simon Gerrans win even if Chris Froome could not quite hang in there. My mum can now also claim to have been tapped on the shoulder by Carlos Sastre.

Back home tomorrow night, just in time to relax in front of the biggest stage of the race to Monte Petrano on Monday.

SheilaH

I know that final climb up to San Luca well. Never ridden it, but have run up it many many times. Gerrans did very well.

Top Bottom