Giro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jellikins

Hi,

Anyone had any experience of the Giro Saros? Currently £68 on offer at Ribble and a lot cheaper than the Atmos and Ionas at that offer price.

Is it ok?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bell Sweep - similar price - very good by all accounts - I've just got the Bell Volt (the new 'Sweep') !

With the Saros - not seen one yet, but can't be anything wrong with it.....if it's a good price, looks fine, you like it..then why not.

Vents and airflow are my main concerns with any helmet.

Will1985

Über Member
The Saros is a fairly new addition to the range as it replaced the Pneumo in 2008. All the top brands are good. However, I strongly advise that you try one on in an LBS before shelling out online - some brands are better for certain head shapes than others and sizing is critical.

yello

Will1985 said:
I strongly advise that you try one on in an LBS before shelling out online

Disregarding the ethics of that :biggrin:, I agree completely. It is amazing how uncomfortable a helmet can be if it doesn't suit your head shape. Try one on in an Evans or some such first, they'll not care!

jay clock

Massive member
I just got a Pneumo in large for £56 from cyclesurgery. I have also got three Met 5th elements but they are wearing out. My problem is large head that is also quite round - many helmets are more oval in shape and feel tight on the sides.

And yes I did try it on in my LBS first, but at £24 more I also thought sod the ethics. I do get other stuff from them if the price is right

Top Bottom