Gissa go mister!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As the title suggests..Would anyone in my area be generous enough to let me have a look at their recumbent? Or even a short ride?
I find myself increasingly fascinated and looking at web sites. I REALLY like the look of the Flevobike
Can't say I've ever seen one on the mean streets of Hull or any dealers (unless ayone knows different?)

Get yourself over to the York show;

http://www.ctc.org.uk/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=4377

byegad

Legendary Member
If ou're going to find yourself in County Durham I can let you try an Azub-4 (if it hasn't sold by then) also a Kettwiesel and a Trice QNT.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
York show it is!
Thanks for the tip Catrike.

Just have to figure out if Mrs P will be distracted for long enough by arena events for me to get to the saddlebag sale without her noticing I've gone.

hi piemaster,

nice to see someone else from hull on the forum :rolleyes:. i used to be seen swanning about on a bike-E recumbent, but sold that a bit back. i could be buying a rather old and battered speed ross this weekend if all goes to plan.
if that comes off, you would be welcome to pop over and have a go.

cheers, velocidad.

ccj

Anyone got one in Brum, apart from that black courier who I haven't seen for ages?

I'm not in Birmingham, but we visit friends in Northfield 3 or 4 times a year, so I could probably load it into the car next time we go up. Are you anywhere near there?

I suppose best to PM me in case you don't want details published.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
velocidad said:
hi piemaster,

nice to see someone else from hull on the forum ;). i used to be seen swanning about on a bike-E recumbent, but sold that a bit back. i could be buying a rather old and battered speed ross this weekend if all goes to plan.
if that comes off, you would be welcome to pop over and have a go.

cheers, velocidad.

Thanks for the offer, Velocidad. Hope it works out for you.

Apparently some sort of 'Bike week' event in Queen Vic square today. Actually find it odd there isn't more people from the fair city on here as it has such an (alleged) high bike usage. Terrain is flat and city centre can't be much more than a couple of miles from anywhere. Ideal for 'utility' cycling

piemaster...I didn't get the bike, so can't offer you a go, sorry about that.
saw a brief mention of bike week (something in east and west park)in the paper, but no real details.
if weather's ok will probs ride to york next week, otherwise it will be the train. maybe see you there?

cheers, velocidad.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Aww, shame. Never mind.
I'm planning on being at the York show with the family so will be by car.
maybe catch you there.

I will be the tall, fat bloke trying to blag a recumbent ride.
Then falling over ;)

Cheers, Piemaster
(there's a reason for the piemaster moniker;) )

Piemaster said:
Aww, shame. Never mind.
I'm planning on being at the York show with the family so will be by car.
maybe catch you there.

I will be the tall, fat bloke trying to blag a recumbent ride.
Then falling over ;)

Cheers, Piemaster
(there's a reason for the piemaster moniker;) )

You are welcome to try the Catrike Expedition, then you cannot fall over.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Afraid not ;)

Had a look but the stand was very busy at the time. No problem - I'll get a bite to eat then come back. Ate, then nipped back to the car to take the shopping bargains back to it.
Car had a tree branch laying on it.:ohmy: Sort of put a downer on things at that point so didn't get back to the show and went home frustrated and cross. Really wasn't in the mood at that point to go back to the show.

Heading to Holland for holiday in a month and staying quite close to this shop http://www.ligfietsshop.nl/ which seem to do rental as well.
Would seem rude not to take up the chance to spend some time on one wouldn't it?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I went to the show with a hope of trying a 'bent, but no go. The only cycle 'bent spotted was on the Trice stand. It looked gorgeous and I really wanted to order one, but I'm not prepared for the outlay without trying. I took it from the stand that trying was out of the question so I will go on drooling for a while.

Top Bottom