Glorious

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
This morning that is.

The sort of commute that sticks in your head for a long time and helps you get through some of the rubbish ones.

Little traffic.
Gracious overtakes.
Loads of other cyclists.
Clear blue sky.
Cool breeze.
Big ring all the way.
Legs like a 20-year-old.

August Fridays. Why can't there be more?

jugglingphil

I had the same experience (except I wasn't in the big ring all the way!).

Very little traffic, only 1 red light, didn't notice any drivers (therefore they must have been good), more cyclists than usual, beautiful blue skies but not too hot so that I didn't get sweaty, gentle tail-wind. ahhhh bliss.

BSRU

A Human Being
It was only 7 degrees when I left this morning and the roads were damp with dew but the lack of traffic made up for the autumn like conditions.

tweedsteed

The cool breeze gave me some lovely volume in my hair as I swept through the park.

Praise be to the return of summer and the near return of the wonders of autumnal cycling.:rolleyes:

MickL

Über Member
cracking 10mile commute this morning down the canal from Dudley to Birmingham, lovely sunshine and Im getting quicker each day so decided little early today so rather than get of at Broad Street, carry on a little bit, under the bridge I go and bang, crack my helmet on the roof of the bridge(its uneven it seems) but thankfully there is barrier preventing people from falling in the canal because its where I would of ended up
ohmy.gif
. Still my head is a little rattled but lovely ride in none the less
thumbsup.png

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mine was a bit chilly coming home this morning , i wish i had took some leggings and thicker gloves as we had that cold fog that chills you to the bone .

Back end was a bit slippery towards the end so i did a spot check and found the rear tyre was bulging and coming away from the rim so i had to order a new tyre as it did not reseat after deflating and pushing it back into the rim.It has done well as the tyre has done a good 5-6000 miles .

Yesterday morning I had a time trial commute. Literally nothing stopped me or forced me to slow down. Not a single traffic light or zebra crossing, hardly any traffic, was almost too good to be true.

Usually I get stopped by about 5-6 traffic lights so I've got to figure out how I managed to avoid all of the red lights. Better get working on my timing...

This morning was nice as well, the sun hadn't burnt through the clouds and it was quite chilly but made me look forward to the autumn.

Top Bottom