glove suggestions/ underglove suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pedaling

Went for a very short cycle today (just to get some shopping!) and realised that I was gradually losing sensitivity in my fingers. I do have supposedly 'winter' gloves but they're crap! They do not keep my hands warm enough at all :eek: (and I am not a person who gets especially cold at all.)

See here...

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/junior-winter-gloves-red-49819804/

I realise these are the kids ones, but the adults ones were too big for me so I bought these.

Any suggestions? Is there anything like a thin layer of glove which I could wear under my current ones that would do?

a_n_t

pedaling said:
I do have supposedly 'winter' gloves but they're crap!

my sealskinz are supposedly "waterproof" but they are far from it!!

trades description anyone?

Noodley

Layering. Silk is supposed to be good as a base layer, but I have never used it.

I have Assos undergloves, outer glove (not the airblock ones) and 'lobster' covers. I can suffer from cold hands but these kept my hands warm enough during 5 hours of riding yesterday when it was cold.

OP
OP
P

pedaling

Will give assos undergloves a google, thanks! I've heard about the silk thing, wasn't sure whether it would be that suitable for cycling or not though. I have friends who do a similar thing when hiking but for their feet!

longers

Legendary Member
pedaling said:
Will give assos undergloves a google, thanks! I've heard about the silk thing, wasn't sure whether it would be that suitable for cycling or not though. I have friends who do a similar thing when hiking but for their feet!

Worth looking on the Evans site for the Gore liner glove, about seven squid.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pedalling, I've got the adult version of those Decathlon gloves - they are more for plus 4-5c conditions - great gloves though as they aren't bulky. Below that you need the really thick stuff. My Altura Nightvisions are very warm.

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
Motor bike shops are good for glove liners - good selection and generally cheaper than bike shops. They go a bit faster than us and really need the extra layers.

mr Mag00

rising member
i have been using some berhaus gloves and then stretching my spec BG fingerless over the top. very toasty. then i will buy new summer finger less and keep the combo for next winter

Blackandblue

I also have the Endura strike. Recently purchased and they are OK. Not too bulky. Not tested in the wet yet but they are reasonably warm. Not as warm as the sealskinz gloves I used to have - which I wore with a liner (bought from a skiing shop). The Enduras are quite a tight fit - I had to go for XL (as opposed to my usual L) and I wouldn't feel comfortable adding a liner.

The only real grumble I have with the Enduras is that when my hands are hot after a ride, you pull out most of the lining of the glove when you take them off.

Top Bottom