Going Clipless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funtboy

So I'm thinking of making the jump. I got my bike second-hand (it's a fast hybrid) for commuting and fun and it was fitted with clipless pedals. To me they were the devil's work and I removed them immediately and replaced them with normal pedals. After 6 months I am now more confident in the saddle and the 7 quid baby pedals are beginning to fall apart.

Being as how I won't have to fork out for clipless pedals, I feel I really should go for it. Could I get away with buying a pair of shoes like this...

http://activesportskit.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27_35&products_id=60

I don't really want to spend a fortune and would like to be able to hop on the bike and go to the shops/pub without to much hassle.

Any thoughts, oh wise ones?

Yanto

Funtboy - for commuting/pub rides etc those will be ideal. They use SPD cleat system which are small and sit in the sole of the shoe, and do not protrude above the grip level. That means that they are easy to walk in.

anweledig

Good luck with them. I made the switch a little while ago and now feel very happy with them. Mind you it didn't stop me having a clipless moment a couple of days ago. The main benefit I've found has been the increased security of being attached to the pedals.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Good Luck and I hope it works out for you. I will be up and cycling on SPD's on Friday 5th Dec (Bike in on LBS Wednesday collect Friday). Not sure what shoes I'll be getting but I will be getting some!!!

Top Bottom