Going to be a cold ride home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazmercer

If the Met office forecast is correct it's going to be 2degrees when I leave work at 21:00.

Quick calculation : Me going 14 mph the windchill is something silly like -8 degrees. Feckin' Nora, think I'll have to put on 3 pairs of socks.

;)

rh100

I had to leave for work at 6.30 this morning - still dark and freezing. 7.30 start tomorrow thank goodness

levad

Veteran
rh100 said:
I had to leave for work at 6.30 this morning - still dark and freezing. 7.30 start tomorrow thank goodness

6:30! That's a lie in, I set off at 5:30 every morning, get to work at about 6:30. This morning was cold, very windy and wet. Took 10 minutes longer than normal.

They are talking about a ground frost a possible ice tomorrow morning :angry:

5:30...what's the worry.The earlier the better I find.Avoids all the grief.
I had a 10AM commute today as im on lates and tommorow my 7th commute on the spin will leave at 12pm.

They are talking about a ground frost a possible ice tomorrow morning.:angry:

Good point though.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Freezing fog is always a laugh. By the time I finish my journey my eyebrows and hair's always frozen solid. I then walk around my office with melting hair! :angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The good thing is it's dried out a little with the wind. If we get a breeze, there may be not too much ice. Hope the gritters are out.

Downward

Guru
fossyant said:
The good thing is it's dried out a little with the wind. If we get a breeze, there may be not too much ice. Hope the gritters are out.

Yep just gone up my road - Should be with you in a couple of hours !

OP
OP
gazmercer

gazmercer

Well, I thought it was cold last night but this morning was even colder. Brrrrr!

I was all toasty though, wrapped up in 3 layers with my wooly hat under my helmet. Was fun riding past all those people who had to de-ice their cars before moving off.

jimboalee

-3 at 04:45 this morning in leafy Warwickshire.

I have some cold weather undies from Canada and a pair of thinsulate wooly gloves.

All OK. No problems. Moderately sweaty when I stripped off for my shower... :becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Side roads were dicey - walked to main road, put overshoes on and off I set.

Took it easy though. Thermal windproof came out today...hmmm toasty....

Pretty dry fortunately, as the council hadn't gritted any roads on my way in....despite the forecast.

Top Bottom