Good customer service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

There is plenty of moaning about poor service, etc so thought I'd start a thread about good service and experiences after a recent positive experience myself.

So first off:

Well done and great customer service from Cycleops.

I lost the fixing lever from my turbo trainer so decided to send an e-mail to Saris (the parent company, the same Saris who do the bike carriers) in the US to find out if the part was available to purchase as I had failed to find it in my web searches. I got an immediate reply giving me details of the UK distibutor stating they should be able to help....so I sent them an e-mail and the following day got a reply saying they'd get something sorted.

Today I got the part in the post, at no cost to me.

Excellent service! Well done Saris and well done to the UK distibutor, Paligap of Bristol.

e-rider

crappy member
Wiggle are back on top.

Windwave; distributors of FSA, marzocchi.... and many more are totally crap - seriously crap!

e-rider

crappy member
It was a balanced response - 1 good, 1 bad

Profile Design in the USA got onto the UK dis. (Madison) and they sent me free stuff without question.

Easton are always quick to answer my e-mail questions.

Kona (paligap) never reply to e-mails; same for Continental.

Actually, by far the best customer service I've had goes to Focus Bikes UK. Bought the bike from Wiggle and decided to email Focus direct with some questions - excellent and quick responses everytime.

This is beginning to sound like I spend all my time emailing bike component companies!

gavintc

Guru
I am somewhat amused at the whine in post 2 considering the reasonably request by Noodley.

Nevertheless, I have been impressed by the service from Wiggle - my Garmin 705 was replaced without quibble when it went wrong about 6 weeks after the year guarantee ran out.

e-rider

crappy member
I recently ordered some bars from Ribble (very risky in my book but the price....) and they actually managed to send the correct item without a huge delay and no drama - WTF! Ribble appear to be finally able to get something right.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Bromley bike co are tops

i ordered some chris king hubs built up with dt spokes and open pro rims, all silver
i got a call to say the hubs were out of stock but they had the new R45 hubs in , would i like to try the new hubs
(hell yes) for no extra charge

2 days later i got another call, " the rims are out of stock"
rang them back to have a rant "we've got a set that are going to the Cycle Show, they've just been built
up with black rims, they're for the new Chris King bike, you can have these"

oh yes i now have Chris Kings' wheels

Norm

Add Stows Cycles in Windsor to the list.

Fantastic service every time, whether buying, servicing or returning stuff that didn't work. They have also taught me to sort stuff well enough that I've just spent today fixing kids' bikes at the school's annual charity cycle ride.

marcw

Spa Cycles seem to be able to get stuff to London spookily quick. I think they have a teleporter.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Another one from me is allterraincycles who I got a bike from a few months ago on 0% finance.

Very good communication from them all the way through the process, by e-mail and phone, and delivered a couple of weeks prior to the due delivery date. They even thanked me for the thank-you e-mail I sent them!

surfdude

Veteran
ash cycles did very good service when buying my bike from them .order friday came monday went for a ride 2 hours after it turned up and got 2 flats but cant blame ash cycles for them .

colinr

Wiggle, Chain Reaction and Merlin I use regularly with no issue and have good experiences with returns. Merlin are my first choice if they have what I want for their ultra fast delivery. Shutt VR are also very good.

Tredz and All Terrain Cycles were good but I've only used them once or twice.

I've never actually had a bad experience with a bike related purchase, only a couple of average ones from my LBS.

Top Bottom