Good eBike shops in and around Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boopop

Guru
My sister's just given her Halfords eBike back after continuous issues with it in recent weeks. They did give her a full refund in fairness, and that's after months of use. What shops would you reccomend in and around Manchester to replace it? She's considering decathlon (her budget is about £1.5k) but I had a look at what they have and honestly it all looks a bit ugly 😬. That and they're having stock issues, although I am of course aware that so is everywhere else. I'd really like it if I/we could find her a mid-drive bike rather than hub drive, but I accept that might be beyond the budget. Thanks!

CXRAndy

Guru
Why dont you find a donor bike to suit your sister, research which motor whether rear hub or crank. Bafang and Tongscheng are popular kits.

Bike and kit could have a full ebike less than £1k. Doing a kit is very straight forward if you're a bit practical

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
There is one on Alderley Road in Wilmslow or Peak Cycles in Macclesfield in the Grosvenor Centre. Check they are open before going though. The opening times seem a little ad hoc at Peak.

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Why dont you find a donor bike to suit your sister, research which motor whether rear hub or crank. Bafang and Tongscheng are popular kits.

Bike and kit could have a full ebike less than £1k. Doing a kit is very straight forward if you're a bit practical

I'd consider it if she didn't live 200~ miles away and I can't be there in a moment's notice when something goes wrong. She needs it for her daily transport. Thanks for the suggestion though.

There is one on Alderley Road in Wilmslow or Peak Cycles in Macclesfield in the Grosvenor Centre. Check they are open before going though. The opening times seem a little ad hoc at Peak.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My sister's just given her Halfords eBike back after continuous issues with it in recent weeks. They did give her a full refund in fairness, and that's after months of use. What shops would you reccomend in and around Manchester to replace it? She's considering decathlon (her budget is about £1.5k) but I had a look at what they have and honestly it all looks a bit ugly 😬. That and they're having stock issues, although I am of course aware that so is everywhere else. I'd really like it if I/we could find her a mid-drive bike rather than hub drive, but I accept that might be beyond the budget. Thanks!

There's a small chain called Pure Electric which, happily for your sister, have a branch in the centre of Manchester.

I've been to their store in the MetroCentre, Gateshead, where they have a wide selection of 'branded', ie dearer, ebikes.

I agree you have a couple of problems.

Stock of ebikes is, as far as I can gather, in an even worse position than stock of push bikes.

Post Covid/Brexit/whatever you may struggle to find a crank drive bike under £2k.

Worth pushing the budget if possible.

Sis really won't go wrong with something like a Raleigh Motus.

https://www.pureelectric.com/pages/manchester-store

Top Bottom