Good Idea or just sad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam Kennedy

I was practising taking the tyre off, taking the tube out, then putting them back on the wheel and pumping it up again as fast as I can.

Best time so far is about 7 minutes :sad:

Think it's a good idea to practise this or just sad? ;)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Good to practice if you need to do it quickly ie for race conditions - 7 mins isn't bad but does that include deflating the tyre and repumping it up - though if you wanted sme serious speed CO2 canisters are the way to go.

No harm but you have to practice by simulating the present weather as well.
Do it in bathroom with lights out and standing under a cold shower, then report back with your best time.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Are you changing the front or the back wheel - the cassette may take a few seconds off - do you have QR skewers as well? Let's have your times down to seconds Sam!!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Piemaster said:
No harm but you have to practice by simulating the present weather as well.
Do it in bathroom with lights out and standing under a cold shower, then report back with your best time.

Sadist!!;)

AlanW

Guru
Sam Kennedy said:
I don't want to keep them waiting if I puncture...

IMHO rushing to replace tubes by the side of the road will only ever end one way....normally tears!

Take your time, check the inside of the tyre, then check the outside of the tyre, then mind you don't pinch the tube refitting the tyre.

It takes as long as it takes to be honest, that's the bottom line. Little point in rushing only to discover you have a flat again in a couple of miles time coz you missed that tiny bit of flint sticking through!!

The others will wait, do job once and do it right.

Top Bottom