Good News :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Well it is for me anyway (some may not agree with it!)
I received a letter from Mersey Rail today, stating i am getting a warning from them and a £50 administration charge. Relieved they don't take everyone to court like they did in 2007, they keep my details on record for 3 years but i think it's fair to say i won't be putting my feet on any seat on public transport again!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Good of you to share that with us (considering the responses we gave). Also good to see the lesson has been learnt. Before paying the Administration fee, I would ask it to be itemised.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Well I'm glad they have climbed down. I don't think it is good PR for these transport companies when they do this. The only thing I can say in Mersey Rail's favour is that at least they were clear, the bus companies taking people to court allegedly haven't even told them.

I do think £50 is harsh if you compare to say other things and very much re:ComedyPilot on that line.

That's good news, darkstar!

Glad that common sense prevailed, although a £50 'admin' charge is quite steep for, what is, a minor misdemeanour compared to so many other offences committed every day!

You've learned your lesson, so look forward to getting older and becoming as self-righteous as some others here! :biggrin: :wacko:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Good news, mate!

Top Bottom