Good News !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Back on a 5 day week from april after 18 months of short time, then hopefully back on full pay by August when shifts kick back in.

Work are still looking for voluntary redundancies but as

a, i got top rating for my yearly review

b, penciled in for shifts

c, stand in for team leader + getting some extra training

I feel confident my position is safe, still looking to down size house but if that does not work will remortgage to clear debts ( lost a good £15 k in take home pay )

jeltz

Veteran
That must be a bit of a relief.

bauldbairn

That's good to hear. :blush:

I'm still cautious of any recovery in the economy or businesses just yet.

I lost/left my well paid job last year(as many on here did) and I fear we've got a few years yet before we're out of the woods.

Although I'm now working again I'm only earning 60% of what I did before - there are green shoots of recovery in my original line of work. :biggrin:

Good luck for the future Cybernight - I really hope your line of work is on the up, as others will no doubt follow. ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

Good news then cyberknight.
I got made redundant a week after we went back after Christmas, Since the middle of January I have been temping as a forklift driver for an agency, Two and a half quid an hour less than I was earning and working like a slave. The good news I have had is they have extended the contract by two months., I was due to finish this week. Gives me more time to look for work while I have an income of sorts coming in.

longers

Legendary Member
Good news indeed Cyberknight, you too Dave even though it's not what you're after long term.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Good luck to you all. It's still tough out there as I found out when the retail sector I was in fell off a cliff!

bauldbairn

dave r said:
Since the middle of January I have been temping as a forklift driver for an agency, Two and a half quid an hour less than I was earning and working like a slave. The good news I have had is they have extended the contract by two months., I was due to finish this week. Gives me more time to look for work while I have an income of sorts coming in.

I was contracting for 4 months and it did my head in - monthly contracts. I never knew where I stood until the start of the next month.:smile:

Anyway now I've got a full-time job, not bad money but it's shift work - but a wage is a wage and all that! :biggrin:

Stick it out dave r and something suitable will come along eventually and remember there are a lot of people who would love to be doing what we're doing(being employed at all). :smile:

rich p said:
It's still tough out there as I found out when the retail sector I was in fell off a cliff!

Hopefully things will pick up soon in your line of work too rich p. ;)

potsy

Rambler
We were on 4 day week last year for about 4 months,went back to 5 day then they took us off shifts.Thankfully been back on them now for a few weeks but things still very uncertain re future business.

Noodley

Some good news, and well done to those who are looking on the up.

It's a tough one when it goes all to sh**. ;)

Top Bottom