Good places to eat out in Bolton/Horwich?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gromit

Über Member
It was my sisters Birthday last week, I promised to take her out for a meal when I'm next over. Had in mind taking her to the Smithills Coaching House http://www.smithills.co.uk/ as I had good memories of going there in my late teens.

I was extremely disappointed when reading some of the reviews about it having poor service, bad hygiene and rubbish food.

Can anyone possibly recommend me a good place to eat in Bolton or Horwich please that is not to expensive and has good food?

Cheers Debz

TVC

stephec

Legendary Member
Depends what you mean by expensive, and do you want a pub that does food type place, or a 'proper' resaurant?

endoman

Me too went to Smithills 30 years ago, no idea what it's like now. There must be some decent places around there, I don't count the likes of Nandos etc.
Spent all my teens travelling to Bolton, but hardly been back since, cracking memories.

Judderz

Spanish restaurant called La Salsa on Lee Lane in Horwich is good

I've never had a bad meal at Smithills Coaching House in all my years :thumbsup:

You'll find bad reviews of anywhere if you look long enough.

Smithills offer superb value for money IMHO.

You have to be joking!

I have only been once because the staff were surly, rude, uncaring and incompetent and the food was inedible; there was not a course that we didn't complain about.

From your experience it seems we were unlucky but Smithills did badly enough not to deserve a second chance.

Top Bottom