Goodbye Mr Javid

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The next budget in a month will be very interesting.
Johnson promised tax cuts to the Tory members who elected him as leader, but promised extra spending to the Northern constituencies who elected him as PM.
he can’t keep everyone happy. And Javid knows it.

AndyRM

XOXO
The next budget in a month will be very interesting.
Johnson promised tax cuts to the Tory members who elected him as leader, but promised extra spending to the Northern constituencies who elected him as PM.
he can’t keep everyone happy. And Javid knows it.
Very much my take on it too. I didn't buy the 'he's too loyal to his advisers to sack them' excuse for a second.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Isn't a hallmark of a weak leader the inability to cope with differing opinions? Doesn't bode well. Nor does putting someone with little experience of a major office of state into a position of great responsibility, especially in view of difficult negotiations on the future of British trade. Let's just hope civil service expertise can overcome such a lack of experience, this cannot be learned overnight nor by using google!

tom73

Veteran
Chief security to the treasury don't exactly just keep hold of the paper clips. It's not like a back bencher has just loaded the top job.
He will already know most of it anyway given that much of the work would have been him anyway.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

We remember
Very much my take on it too. I didn't buy the 'he's too loyal to his advisers to sack them' excuse for a second.
It was not so long ago he got into a row with Johnson over Cummings forcing the sacking of one of his advisors. Perhaps this was one step too far for him.

The next year or two fighting with his Cummings' selected advisors would have made his job untenable.

newfhouse

Elitist lefty
Johnson has, I suspect, never forgiven The Saj for ambushing him over an Islamophobia enquiry during the Con leadership debates. Has anyone heard the outcome yet?

What? In the long grass you say? Who’d have thought it?

Rusty Nails

We remember
I doubt he will be missed. He wasn’t there long enough to make a mark or leave any kind of legacy. Every time I’ve heard him being interview he just comes across like the rest, a mechanical politician regurgitating lots of pre-planned and carefully rehearsed party line mantras.
That's part of the politician's job description.

( e.g catch up with the candidates for Labour leader on the Victoria Derbyshire show this morning who have clearly studied the same job description)

Top Bottom