Got a new job, now need a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jpembroke

3 years after taking voluntary redundancy from a civil service job (to which I commuted by bike every day) I'm going back to work (to a civil service job to which I'll be commuting by bike every day). Currently I own a road bike (comes out on nice days and for annual trips to France), an On One Inbred (for riding up around Leckhampton Hill and occasional trips to Afan), and a 'cross bike (for racing). This looks like a good opportunity/excuse to buy a new bike and was thinking of either a flat bar Kaffenback (build up job; have spare parts) or a Pompino (buying a complete bike). I have owned both in the past and really rated them.

Anyone got any other ideas? I want a do it all bike: robust, comfortable, bombproof; perhaps good for some off road diversions on the way home. Cotic Roadrat is also on the list. What else?

nigelb

Congratulations at the new job :-)

jimboalee

jpembroke said:
3 years after taking voluntary redundancy from a civil service job (to which I commuted by bike every day) I'm going back to work (to a civil service job to which I'll be commuting by bike every day). Currently I own a road bike (comes out on nice days and for annual trips to France), an On One Inbred (for riding up around Leckhampton Hill and occasional trips to Afan), and a 'cross bike (for racing). This looks like a good opportunity/excuse to buy a new bike and was thinking of either a flat bar Kaffenback (build up job; have spare parts) or a Pompino (buying a complete bike). I have owned both in the past and really rated them.

Anyone got any other ideas? I want a do it all bike: robust, comfortable, bombproof; perhaps good for some off road diversions on the way home. Cotic Roadrat is also on the list. What else?

What Civil service job have you got??? ;)

Top Bottom