Got an apology

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
This person pulled out on me pretty close. The road was damp and I had to brake quite hard, so I was a bit annoyed. I explained it to her, and she was quite apologetic, so hopefully she'll double check next time. I did want to say thanks to her for apologising, and also to explain that bikes are often going faster than it looks, but we ran out of time.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have just seen this and thought that she was either: a) In a rush so agreed with you to save time. b) Sarcastically agreed with you and you took it seriously. Or c) Genuinely sorry.

I think she was sorry though.

BSRU

A Human Being
Cann me cynical but it looked like a SMIDGAF and she was only sorry because you caught her up, she tried her best to get away.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Another bad smidsy! You were very polite and her apology seemed genuine. Hopefully she'll be more careful in future.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
It's easy to think she didn't mean it, but where would that leave the human race?
I'd prefer to think she was genuine - her face looked genuine anyway.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
It looks to me like she joined your road wide, some way from the kerb, leaving what she thought would be a big enough gap for you to undertake her in secondary.

It is very scary when a motorist does that !

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It looks to me like she joined your road wide, some way from the kerb, leaving what she thought would be a big enough gap for you to undertake her in secondary.

It is very scary when a motorist does that !

+1

I had a woman do that to me when I was heading home from a group ride. He excuse was that she left plenty of room but I told her that was besides the point, you should not pull out in front of someone like that.

Fish on a bike

Drivers pulling out happens to me all the time, I thought it was normal? Why were you filming your ride?

HovR

Über Member
Drivers pulling out happens to me all the time, I thought it was normal? Why were you filming your ride?

If a driver pulls out on you, causing to take avoiding action (swerving, braking), then it is bad driving and shouldn't be considered the norm!

There are lots of riders now who are filming their every day commutes or cycle rides, which can act as evidence in the case of a collision, or bad driving. Without this, it would just be the cyclists word against the motorists.

Top Bottom