Got my first " motivational speaking" gig

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edwardd67

Good Luck .
thumbsup.png

Shaun

Founder
Hang on a minute ... sitting the family down on the settee as an audience doesn't count does it? :rofl:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
So excited , I love cycling, it gave me so many ideas tonight about what I can say , let's hope I nail it :-)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
[QUOTE 1406721"]I offer you this free tip when presenting, for nothing.

Always follow the rule of ABC & XYZ when presenting.

Always Be Cheerful & eXamine Your Zip.[/quote]

In Lycra ???

:-)

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
[QUOTE 1406721"]

Always Be Cheerful & eXamine Your Zip.
[/quote]

Lol very true, i've done some training courses before for staff on new systems, its un-nerving first time speaking to people.
later on this year i'm teaching a wild food course, so i have the added bonus of talking to people about stuff and appearing knowledgable and at the same time trying not to poison them :biggrin:
pete

From someone who does public speaking day in day out...as well as maggot's words of wisdom, there are three rules of presenting:

Tell 'em what you're going to tell 'em
Tell 'em
and
Tell 'em you've told 'em.

Works every time!

Also *never ever* apologise at the beginning of a presentation. It's amazing how many people do this. It makes them look rubbish.

You're going to be inspiring!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Shouldn't take long gb...

"Right, listen up, you can achieve anything you want to, but, you've really got to want to do it, otherwise you'll give up and then you'll feel worse. That's it, job's a good'un.

Now, where's the bar?""

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Thanks everyone, good good pointers, I have wrote the speech, care to see it and give me an HONEST review ?

I'm sure it'll be good... but whatever you talk about it'll be the inspiration and the respect you'll receive for achieving what you've done that will set you apart from anyone they've ever met before gb... have a great time.

Top Bottom