Got my redundancy pay yesterday..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...and have ordered a nice new set of wheels from Rock & Road (Southampton). DT Swiss 240s hubs & RR1.1 rims, Sapim CX-Ray spokes (28 radial front/28x3 cross rear with red alloy nipples). Should be ready in a week or so, so hope to be able to give them a run out before the best bike goes away for the winter.

gbb

Legendary Member
Hmmmm...we had redundancies last week. Coulda had me a brand new full carbon jobby :biggrin:

I feel kinda dissapointed now :becool:

Hope you enjoy them Dave.

Maz

Guru
Sorry to hear that, Dave (about the job, not the bike).
Got another one lined up? (a job, that is, not bike)

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Maz said:
Sorry to hear that, Dave (about the job, not the bike).
Got another one lined up? (a job, that is, not bike)

Finished at the end of August, only had a week off before starting a new (better) job so worked out well for me. Was a complete stitch up though, the parent company shut down the day we we due to be paid, dumped the liabilities, didn't pay the month we were owed and wound up the pension. Monday morning the two main directors opened the division they wanted to keep under a new name (same business & factory) and are trading again. Tough luck for any of the 126 of us with no pay or notice with bills to pay. I ended up with stat minimum redundancy, about a quarter of the pay I was owned and none of the 12 weeks notice they owned either. I'm not saying the tax payer should have to cover my losses but it doesn't seem right that the two bastards at the top can stich us up like that and then carry on in their £100k+ jobs.

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
girofan said:
Dave, join a union and get their legal dept. to sue for your 12 weeks!
If you don't try you will never know. :tongue:;)

Company I worked for has gone bust so there's no one to sue, can claim compensation from the goverment at the end of the notice period but any earnings or benefits you receive during that period are deducted and as I'm now earning more than i was I'd get bugger all.
As I said, it actually did me a favour but lots of people who worked there weren't so lucky. The bastards responsible had been planning it for months and even bought the debt from the commercial finance company at a knock down price and are now trying to collect it from their new company, they're having a bit of trouble though as we all had access to our premises over the bank holiday weekend when we'd been dumped and funnily enough lots of files and documentation went missing;)

Stan

Dave Davenport said:
Monday morning the two main directors opened the division they wanted to keep under a new name (same business & factory) and are trading again.

Glad to see you're sorted with the job and bike, sorry about the cash.

The law should be changed to stop this happening. :tongue:

Top Bottom