Got new shoes and clipless pedals ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimheaney57

I bought my first pair of cycling shoes yesterday. Been cycling with toe clips and using old running shoes for the last year. The shoes I bought are Shimano MT42. When I say I bought I actually mean my daughters as they are buying them for me for Xmas:smile:;)

Why didn't I do this months ago:angry: Out for a ride today with the new shoes and for the first time since about mid September my feet weren't frozen. I also belief I was getting more power with the shoes over the flexible running shoes I've been using up to now.

The lovely sales lady in the LBS convinced me of the benefits of clipless pedals while I was buying the shoes, so I've taken the plunge and ordered these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28050

Decided to go with them as they are relatively cheap and have the option of flipping over to use with ordinary shoes. If I don't get the hang of using them I can always revert back to the old pedals and as the wife has agreed to buy them for my birthday I'm not out of pocket;)

As I've also got new Conti 4 season tyres from my wife for Xmas, which I've been using for a couple of weeks, I'll not actually get anything on Christmas day. I wonder if I can chance my arm and suggest the lovely windproof jacket I saw the other day would look nice wrapped up for me to open on Xmas morning;)

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Glad to here someone else has caught the clipless bug.

Same myself - one side flat, one side clipless, and a very similar shoe (actually a Sonoma, or that's what it says on the box.

Must agree with the more power thing. Soon comes more confidence, and then a need for a sudden burst of speed, just because you can.

Then, a clipless moment. Not been there yet myself. Yet...

Chrisc

Guru
Nice aren't they. I went the same route to try it out. The new road bike I'm planning for spring will have double sided spd's now I know what I'm doing and the 530's will stay on my Dutch bike so I keep the option.

Top Bottom