Government announces the Cycle to Work Guarantee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Thanks for posting that, John, I hadn't seen that one.

As I only got our C2W scheme set up a week ago, that's good timing.

Although, to be honest, I prefer to use news sites with better concern for the English language, that article on road.cc was distractingly poor, IMO. Even The Guarniad do it better. :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Hmmm, looking at some of the employers that have signed up I'm er, not that confident. Unless it is an intention of doing something in the future they haven't already.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
My organisation has already signed up - which surprised me, because I'm the person who would be responsible for signing us up! I think they're recycled a list of employers who were signed up to something else already...

knackeredknees

I work for one of the largest NHS Trusts in Britain, where all employees pay for a car park permit, car parking is terrible and many people already cycle to work.

The Trust is still deciding whether or not to offer the cycle to work scheme.:evil:

This is encouraging

I have shower and locker facilities at my work place.
A bike shed was built here a few years ago; it’s too small to get an adult sized bike in!

(I work for and agency that is part of the DFT!!) :thumbsup:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Bay Runner said:
This is encouraging

I have shower and locker facilities at my work place.
A bike shed was built here a few years ago; it’s too small to get an adult sized bike in!

(I work for and agency that is part of the DFT!!) :blush:

It's amazing what gets past planners. When I was a student the landlord did a double two storey extension and had cycle storage conditions attached to the development. He managed to convince some fool at the council that the current shed he had which couldn't physically fit any non-foldable adult sized bike in was "new" and adequate to fit 3 bikes in. Had I known at the time I'd have rumbled him, since the actual cycle storage was demolished never to be replaced!

Top Bottom