Grease

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not to mention a catchy name with hilarious undertones, like KY Jelly, or Lumpy Gravy.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
What you need is Shimano 'special' grease, but you have to have the right 'special' grease because it is quite component specific! Nothing else will do :whistle:

Google it if you don't believe me.

GuyBoden

Guru
I've been using white Marine grease, works in salt water, so it should be ideal for British winter roads. About a £5 for a 500g tub.

251.jpg

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Somewhere deep in the garage is a tin of grease from my 70's era that has a sliding round sheet of metal with a hole in it, as you pressed it the grease came out of the hole in the middle :smile:

Shaun

rrarider

Veteran
Somewhere deep in the garage is a tin of grease from my 70's era that has a sliding round sheet of metal with a hole in it, as you pressed it the grease came out of the hole in the middle :smile:

Shaun
I still use the remnants of my tin of Duckhams LB10, which is like that. The Tecalemit grease gun isn't used anymore, as I don't do my own car servicing now. It seems like empty tins of Duckhams fetch about £15 on e-bay these days.

GuyBoden

Guru
What I have always found strange, is that the lids on the metal 500g type of grease containers are always difficult to get off and on. Even with grease on them.......:sad:

Last edited:

rrarider

Veteran
I was in a Wilko store yesterday and couldn't resist buying a 500g tub of lithium based grease for £3.50. It'll come in handy when my LB10 runs out.

Top Bottom