Great article in Observer Sport Monthly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Thanks FM, that was a good and interesting article and one I would not have seen unless you pointed it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Yes, a fascinating article about all the prep, science and technology going into the British Olympic Cycling squad, like a military operation. I wouldn't mind one of those power cranks but at £2000 a bit out of my range. Also an interesting interview with David Miller and a preview of the Tour de France.
Yes the track squad has been successful but only very few countries can afford to fund such a squad and to make comparisons with athletics and football was a little silly. The competition in football and athletics is so much stronger and these are truly global sports ie all the African nations in athletics, where are they in cycling. Britain will only does well in minority sports like rowing and cycling because there is so few nations to compete against.

mondobongo

Über Member
An interesting and well written article an impressive stat is that British Cycling has won 59 World Championship Medals 29 of them gold since 1998!

I actually went out and bought the paper if anyone would like the article with the pictures pm me your address and I will post it on to you.

Top Bottom