Great North Bike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A Nutter

Gary Kenny - a cycling quizmaster
Rider 882 here!

G_MAN

I'm considering it but only found out about it this afternoon. Are you required to gain sponsorship to take part or can you just turn up on the day and pay the entry fee?

OP
OP
U

urbanfatboy

Über Member
G_MAN said:
I'm considering it but only found out about it this afternoon. Are you required to gain sponsorship to take part or can you just turn up on the day and pay the entry fee?

need to pay beforehand, but i have a 3 extra tickets, friends pulled out. 2 of the tickets include the lift from tynemouth priory cartpark up to Seahouses, the other doesn't but that can be arranged even now.

Where you at?

G_MAN

I live in Tynemouth, was planning on travelling up with a family member who is also taking part. He's already got a ticket but unfortunately i only found out about it this afternoon.

OP
OP
U

urbanfatboy

Über Member
G_MAN said:
I live in Tynemouth, was planning on travelling up with a family member who is also taking part. He's already got a ticket but unfortunately i only found out about it this afternoon.

excellent! you can have the ride only ticket. I live in North Shields pm me,

JohnRedcoRn

I'm doing it. Although i was wondering whats the best way to attatch that number onto me ? perhaps duck tape it to the top of my helmet ..stop damn insects getting in my hair

seriously though - safety pins ? cant be too safe that.

being fairly inexperienced i have a fear of lagging miles behind everyone else - i'm hoping people tend to treat this as fun and not just a race ?

OP
OP
U

urbanfatboy

Über Member
it is a proper fun ride, some folks will race it but you'll not see them. the majority are in for the fun, most folks trundle.

OP
OP
U

urbanfatboy

Über Member
I was back in 3:45 as well. much as i enjoy the mass start, it was frustratingly slow and a touch dangerous. I still don't get why even near the end i was still passing really unfit looking blokes on crap bikes. They cant have set off so much earlier, how did they get so far ahead it took me 45 miles to catch them??

Do you know what time the first riders set off?

Top Bottom