Green online indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Guru
So no privacy issues then. Thank goodness. I was seriously worried for a nanosecond. ^_^
Different people have different levels of concern/recklessness about privacy, but surely one thing we have all learnt is that cyber security and cyberstalking and related issues are real things in modern society. Specific issues have been raised over the years about the stalkish behaviour of certain forum members. So, respectfully, i don’t think that it is very appropriate to denigrate legitimate questions being asked in the section of the forum designated for asking such questions.

subaqua

What’s the point
Same way you tell if the light turns off in your fridge when you close the door.

I got in the fridge as a 10 yr old and physically checked. I tried to explain to my parents about schrodinger but they were more concerned with me actually being in the fridge. its not as if the door locked itself shut so was easy to open the door.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I got in the fridge as a 10 yr old and physically checked. I tried to explain to my parents about schrodinger but they were more concerned with me actually being in the fridge. its not as if the door locked itself shut so was easy to open the door.
When I was a kid, late 60s, early 70s getting into fridges was one of the bogey men like accepting sweets from strangers and going near the spin dryer with the lid open (it'll rip your arm off). I think there were cases of kids getting into dumped fridges and being unable to open the secure fridge locking mechanisms which were made in the 1950s out of surplus aircraft parts.

Anyway, what did you find out on your expedition to the inside of the fridge?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Different people have different levels of concern/recklessness about privacy, but surely one thing we have all learnt is that cyber security and cyberstalking and related issues are real things in modern society. Specific issues have been raised over the years about the stalkish behaviour of certain forum members. So, respectfully, i don’t think that it is very appropriate to denigrate legitimate questions being asked in the section of the forum designated for asking such questions.

Denigrating is a bit harsh, but i won't get into an arguement about it. Lighthearted i accept as this is a question that has been asked since at least 2014. Even the claud said that it can be turned off in one post.

Being totally serious, you can go into your privacy settings and stop anyone seeing if you are online, stop them seeing where you are on the site, stop seeing certain parts of the forum, stop people from sending you a PM, and stop anyone from seeing your profile page, and put people onto ignore. All this is well known. I cannot see what of anything more that the site owner can do to protect members.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Being totally serious, you can go into your privacy settings and stop anyone seeing if you are online, stop them seeing where you are on the site, stop seeing certain parts of the forum, stop people from sending you a PM, and stop anyone from seeing your profile page, and put people onto ignore. All this is well known. I cannot see what of anything more that the site owner can do to protect members.
I suspect that @User13710 is aware of all of that but was thrown by the appearance of the green blob. It's a perfectly valid question and not everybody reads every post.

subaqua

What’s the point
When I was a kid, late 60s, early 70s getting into fridges was one of the bogey men like accepting sweets from strangers and going near the spin dryer with the lid open (it'll rip your arm off). I think there were cases of kids getting into dumped fridges and being unable to open the secure fridge locking mechanisms which were made in the 1950s out of surplus aircraft parts.

Anyway, what did you find out on your expedition to the inside of the fridge?

in no specific order
it was indeed , cold.
it was dark
my mum wasnt pleased with me emptying the fridge onto the floor of the kitchen
my dad was useless at trying to hide laughter when I did stupid stuff, and was getting a rollocking from my mum.
its easier to get in than out
it hurts when you faceplant onto the floor trying to extricate yourself.

thats what i remember.

classic33

Leg End Member
I suspect that @User13710 is aware of all of that but was thrown by the appearance of the green blob. It's a perfectly valid question and not everybody reads every post.
It's not just appeared though, it's been there for four years now. It used to be in the bottom right hand corner before that, but there were complaints it was in the way so it got moved.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's not just appeared though, it's been there for four years now. It used to be in the bottom right hand corner before that, but there were complaints it was in the way so it got moved.
Would you rather I said that Tiny had noticed the blob or would that spoil your chance to display your encyclopedic knowledge of the CC software and it's history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom