Green St. Green Bus Garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Today I finally got around to taking a letter down to the manager of this bus garage, which is where most of the Biggin Hill Bus Routes are based. Since moving here in November last year, I've really been impressed with the bus drivers, patient, courteous, and well aware of a cyclist's needs.

I figured it was about time I showed my appreciation, so wrote a letter complimenting and thanking them, and took round a few boxes of Quality Street. They were so chuffed and friendly, it was great! I almost thought this must be the first letter of thanks they'd had in years.

Wolf04

I'd be very surprised if yours wasn't the first! Mucho respect for doing it.
:smile:

domtyler

Über Member
Good for you Mikey! :smile:

When do we get our Quality Street for putting up with your inane ramblings all these years then? :biggrin:

GrahamG

Guru
Nice one, that is a really nice thing to do.

I've only ever done something like that once - I got some great service from Amba Marketing after returning a B&M lamp with no receipt, no box/manual or anything as I got it through the bike the work scheme from Halfords. She had no responsibility to deal with it at all but sent the lamp back to Germany and me a brand new lamp. I had a box of chocolates delivered to them after a few weeks with a note thanking them.

You should be proud of yourself, Mikey. What a nice bloke you must be.

Mr Pig

That was a great idea and a great gesture. Not only will it let the drivers know that their good driving is appreciated but it will help to make them proud of their skills and encourage them to behave well towards cyclists in the future. You'll never know but the difference could save a life one day!

Anything we can do to improve the perception of cyclists these days is good, and that was a brilliant thing to do :0)

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think it was User who originally gave me the idea, credit to him. I think I should do more of teh bus garages along my route, because the other routes on my commute are also very good, though the Biggin Hill ones are defo teh best of teh bunch.

Mr Pig

Maybe I should drop in a letter to the guys who live at the other end of my road and run tipper lorries out of the quarry. Different kind of letter though, their trucks have just missed me a few times! ;0)

Top Bottom