Xxx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I’m going to be building my own greenhouse. Ive already got a base to sort of start from. But its not going to be rack and shelf type greenhouse, its going to based around this design

So a U shaped base, two long beds will be 1.2mtr long, 600 deep, 600 wide…..the end bed will be 1.7mtrs long, 600 deep and 1mtr wide….

the greenhouse structure will be built out of 3x2 rough cut and 4mm twinwall polycarbonate sheets. 21 sheets in all.

I have the base which i will convert into the above shape and will update as i go along

Starting point

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I’m going to be building my own greenhouse. Ive already got a base to sort of start from. But its not going to be rack and shelf type greenhouse, its going to based around this design

View attachment 608742

So a U shaped base, two long beds will be 1.2mtr long, 600 deep, 600 wide…..the end bed will be 1.7mtrs long, 600 deep and 1mtr wide….

the greenhouse structure will be built out of 3x2 rough cut and 4mm twinwall polycarbonate sheets. 21 sheets in all.

I have the base which i will convert into the above shape and will update as i go along

Starting point

View attachment 608743
Excellent!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So yesterday i started dismantling the bed and moving the soil around, all the beds will be lined with black/blue rubble bags or old compost bags, to slow down the rotting of the timber and so the wood doesnt suck the fluid out of the beds.

i will also reinforce the structure with cross braces within the beds to stop them bulging out at the sides.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Come on Jowwers, chop chop. We need an update, with write up and pictures, ever couple of hours please!
sorrys Drag's, but im in the office til 1 ( at home) , but i will have some more pics later

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

im actually thinking of the window structure while i work........benefits of having my workspace in front of the window looking over the garden, i can see all i build and enjoy it while i work

Drago

Legendary Member
Dissapointing lack of updates Jowwers! 😉

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Window structures starting to go up now….and decided on a pent roof going from right to left and putting a water butt in behind

Not easy to photo now, but ive tried as best i can……and even though im building it alone, its all bang straight on the spirit level

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Got more timber arriving later today to finish the whole structure, but i wont be adding the twin wall panels or the roof til next spring....im also going to paint the whole structure black.....as even though timber order was supposed to be all the same grade and color, it never turns out that way

OP
OP
J

jowwy

No updates as timber didnt arrive til 5 and it was a tad chilly by then……more work tmrw

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Well as it was sunday today…i did exactly what i wanted to do.

Absolutely nothing, just chilled and watched the footy, so zero updates im afraid

Top Bottom