Greetings everyone - newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ella

Hi

Just a quick hello out there to everyone

I've started cycling to improve my fitness and really my CV as I used to smoke but have given up now for 10 weeks and so far am not missing it.

I do other sports competitively however this year I've decided to try duathlon - my bike times in the gym are OK (I think) 10Km in 22 mins, and on the road a bit longer.

Its not always possible to get out onto the road but am interested in getting a turbo, however I have a mountain bike and from what I've read (and its quite confusing), MB are not the best for turbo due to the tyre tread?

Any help would be great on getting the right turbo etc.

Thanks in advance

NB - Great forum by the way

Turkish

Welcome on board.

I am new too.

I have packed up smoking around 13 weeks ago (I say I gave it a break) too.

I have a MB too.

I used to have raleigh airlite 200. Then I sold it. Because I could feel even the bumps caused by cigarette buts on the floor. It was pain.

I could reccomend hybrid bikes.

Why dont you take your bike to the nearest bike shop and ask them if they can fit hybrid tyres?

Good luck for duathlon.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi Ella and :welcome:

Turbo trainers will work fine with a mountain bike, but you would have to change the rear tyre. Something like a Schwalbe City Jet should work. If you ride your mountain bike on the road, then switching to slick tyres will make it a lot more responsive and quicker as well.

jackm

Hi and welcome, Ella. Well done for giving up the evil weed!! I last smoked about 5 years ago,after about 25 years. Don't miss it a bit.

Top Bottom